1password hangs on 'connecting'

Options

Hi,

New user here, hoping someone can help. When entering my password the Safari extension hangs on connecting.

Any help, much appreciated. I have generated an error report but am unable to see where I can attach it

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lemmy87,

Thanks for getting in touch with us - I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with 1Password!

Unfortunately, this is a bit of a quirk with the Safari browser extension: when you enter your Master Password in the browser extension, the extension has to check to make sure that it's the correct password, and the only way that it can do this is by checking with the main 1Password app. If the main app is locked, you will see the 'Connecting' message while it connects with the main app and verifies your password.

I'd like you to try something for me. Unlock the main 1Password app and see if that allows you to use the browser extension more effectively.

• Liam Gerken
    Liam Gerken
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have followed your guidence and still no luck :( Any other suggestions?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Liam,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble, looks like we may need to see that Diagnostic Report after all.

MAC: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

WINDOWS: Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.