Saving New Logins Problem

chriskinsman
chriskinsman
Community Member

I know that 1Password 4 is out of beta, but with the full release version, it no longer saves login information automatically. I have to manually ask to save each time. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, updating, etc. but no luck.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chriskinsman,

You're a bit ahead of the game if you have a full release version of 1Password 4 ... even I don't have one yet! We're hoping to release soon, but 1Password 4 is still technically in beta.

That being said, 1Password should still be asking you to save new login information. (Please note that if you previously saved login information for a site, 1Password can detect this and will not offer to save a new entry if you are logging in with info it has saved.)

I'd just like to confirm: is this happening across all websites?

• chriskinsman
    chriskinsman
    Community Member

Thank you @megan. Yes, it has happened on every website, although it worked once today and I don't know why. I am currently using Version 4.0.1b4 (401004). Should I be posting this issue back in the beta forum? I appreciate your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chriskinsman

Thanks for confirming that for me. Since you're already posting in the 1Password 4 for Mac category, I think we're safe without moving this thread. :)

I'd like you to check something for me. Please go to 1Password > Preferences > Browsers and see if "Automatically ask to save new logins" is checked. If it is, I'd appreciate it if you could give me a few of the websites that you are seeing the problem with, so we can do a bit of testing on our end.

• chriskinsman
    chriskinsman
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

Yes. "Automatically ask to save new logins" is checked. I had problems with GoDaddy and Hostgator. However, I just set up a new WordPress site and when I logged into the admin panel, it did ask to save the login. FYI - I have multiple accounts set up with GoDaddy and Hostgator but they are all unique.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chriskinsman,

I found an alternate login page for GoDaddy where 1Password seems to play a bit nicer. If you scroll to the bottom of the main page and click on My Account, you'll be taken to a login page (as opposed to the pop-up on the home page). When you login through here, 1Password will pop up and offer to save your information.

Does this work for you?

• chriskinsman
    chriskinsman
    Community Member

That worked. Thanks. AJAX forms don't always play well with 1Password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chriskinsman,

Glad to hear that worked! We're always looking for ways to improve auto-fill, hopefully one day it will be able to handle those pop-ups with ease :)

This discussion has been closed.