Troubleshooting WiFi Sync Issues (not Dropbox)

2»

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Try this

1. leaving the 1P touch app running on the iphone
    2. then quit not close 1P on the mac,
    3. reopen 1P on the mac including entering the MP, then go to the syncing section and it (iphone) should show up as available and ready to sync or synced f you have auto sync on.
  • dib
    dib
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I have had several times where I launch 1Password on my ipod touch, and the desktop application says it is unavailable.

If I quit and relaunch the desktop, then it immediately "sees" my ipod touch and syncs. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Mac OS 10.6.2, 1Password: 3.0.2 (build 30419), iPod 2.2.1.

When sync is set to automatically, what does that mean? Sync when ever a change is made and ipod/iphone is available? Don't see that happening.

I do see the iPod app syncing when I launch the 1Password app on the ipod. Is that what automatic means?

Thanks, great app. Very useful for me.
    Dave
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Automatic is where both apps are open and they share the same wifi connection they will automatically sync the data between them without any action on your part.

HTH
  • danone
    danone
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    dib wrote:
    I have had several times where I launch 1Password on my ipod touch, and the desktop application says it is unavailable.

If I quit and relaunch the desktop, then it immediately "sees" my ipod touch and syncs. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

I have the exact same problem using my iPhone (OS 3.1.2) with 1P Pro (2.2.1) and 1Password 3.0.2 (Build 30419; licensed) on my MacBook.
  • nigelm
    nigelm
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    danone wrote:
    I have the exact same problem using my iPhone (OS 3.1.2) with 1P Pro (2.2.1) and 1Password 3.0.2 (Build 30419; licensed) on my MacBook.

At the risk of going all AOL like on this, I also see this too.
  • iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    A "me too" here (on latest Leopard with latest 1Password). The desktop shows my iPhone as "available" but it will not sync, either automatically or after clicking on "sync now". I always have to quit and restart the desktop application and then the sync happens automatically. No error messages in the logs. The sync will continue to work (closing and relaunching the iPhone app will initiate a sync) until the desktop application locks, either manually or automatically. After unlocking the application, it exhibits the same behavior and will not sync. I have to close and reopen the app to get the syncing working again.
    While it may work differently, automatic syncing of Things requires no intervention.
    To note, the iPhone and my iMac are on the same Airport network (which I set up in my office just for the purpose of syncing and file transfer as the routers where I work do not work with Bonjour).
  • nigelm
    nigelm
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I am still seeing this after the 3.0.4 upgrade.

If 1Password (Mac) has been running for a bit (in particular if it has been hidden/locked), then it needs restarting to see/sync with an iPhone.
  • misterdna
    misterdna
    Community Member
    edited January 2010
    I just discovered that, after many months with zero problems syncing my Mac to my iPhone, I now am suddenly having the issue where pressing the (active) "Sync Now" button does nothing. My last successful sync was 8 days ago (hmmm, did the 3.0.4 (build 30477) get installed after that sync)? I guess I will play around with solutions listed, but I just wanted to add that a feature that worked perfectly before, now isn't working for me.

Just tried one of the solutions listed above (ugh, just realized it's an old post) of deleting my iPhone from the left column, then starting again (with a long wait for the desktop app to ask for my 2 secrets), and it just never happens. Now my iPhone status is "not authorized", even though I've gone through the process on my iPhone of "allowing new connections." So it seems the connection between my iPhone and my Mac is even more severed now.

I also noticed a weird message on the iPhone that says that on the desktop app I should go Sync>Sync Using Wi-Fi, but all that does is open the help page in my web browser.
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    Sorry for the late reply misterdna; we've been short-handed and are just slowly catching up now.

misterdna wrote:
    Just tried one of the solutions listed above (ugh, just realized it's an old post) of deleting my iPhone from the left column, then starting again (with a long wait for the desktop app to ask for my 2 secrets), and it just never happens. Now my iPhone status is "not authorized", even though I've gone through the process on my iPhone of "allowing new connections." So it seems the connection between my iPhone and my Mac is even more severed now.

Does your iPhone appear in the Bonjour Browser? Also, did the connectivity tests pass? Both of these are described in the original post.

Assuming the troubleshooting tests pass, it could be your iPhone has gotten into a bad state that we cannot recover from. It is rare but I have seen cases where 1Password touch needs to be reinstalled to reset the process. This involves removing 1Password from the iPhone which deletes all your data, so only go this route only if all your data is on the Mac. Also, after reinstalling the iPhone version, ctrl-click on your iPhone in the Syncing group and select Remove. This will reset everything and you can then try syncing with a "clean slate".

misterdna wrote:
    I also noticed a weird message on the iPhone that says that on the desktop app I should go Sync>Sync Using Wi-Fi, but all that does is open the help page in my web browser.

I'm sorry about this. The message on the iPhone was specific to 1Password 2 and we need an update to correctly explain how to sync in 1Password 3.
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    I see this thread has gotten out of control with many people reporting the same issue. It is very hard to keep track of things with so many discussions in one thread so I am going to lock this thread. Please create a new topic for your specific issue and we can continue the discussion there.
This discussion has been closed.