Chrome Extension On Win7 Not Syncing

JMS
JMS
Community Member

Howdy.

I have 1Password up an running on multiple machines via Dropbox. It works great. Unfortunately, on my home desktop box, 1Password on Chrome is consistently out of date. I can load the Windows desktop 1P client and see changes that I made earlier in the day on my work Mac, but those changes never get picked up in Chrome. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Chrome plugin, but that doesn't seem to help. In fact, it almost seems like I lose some of my logins in the process. To be clear, when I go to accounts.google.com on my work machine, I see the four different google sign-in's I'd expect to see. In the Chrome extension I only see two, neither of which are correct. And, like I said, looking in the 1Password windows client, everything looks right,

Any suggestions? Honestly, it looks like the Chrome extension is pointed at a completely different instance of my credentials, though from some troubleshooting efforts, it sort of sounds like the extension just serves as an access layer to the desktop client. What am I missing or doing wrong here??

Thanks!

JMS

Comments

• JMS
    JMS
    Community Member

PS - From the extension:

1Password Troubleshooting Report

When experiencing problems this page can help you diagnose the cause. Common configuration issues detected on your system will be highlighted below, along with troubleshooting tips to resolve them.

If the support team requests this report, you send it to them by saving this page (select File > Save As) and then attaching the saved file to your email response.

System Information

System time 2013-7-14 : 12:50:8
    Browser version Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.72 Safari/537.36
    1Password Extension Information

Extension version 3.9.19.90 (release notes)
    Database created at 2013-7-14 : 12:39:15
    Instance UUID dcd654f0...2504
    Uptime (mins) 2
    1Password Helper Information

Connection status Connected
    Last Sync Error
    1Password Helper version 1.0.9 (332)
    Heart beat interval (sec) 20
    Heart beat acknowledged No
    Number of heart beats 0
    Round trip elapse time (ms)
    Data update in progress No
    Last data update completed at 2013-7-14 : 12:48:22
    Data update elapse time (ms) 390
    1Password Extension Settings

Autosave enabled YES
    Autosubmit enabled YES
    Universal Unlock enabled YES
    Conceal Passwords YES
    Avoid Autosave on Domains ""

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please review our troubleshooting guide for this, and review each step carefully:

Troubleshooting the new browser extensions

A common cause is a proxy server or other "Internet security" programs blocking the secure connection between the sandboxed browser extension and the main 1Password program. Workarounds for both of these are outlined in the guide, and the latter has its own page linked in step seven:

Configuring problematic antivirus/malware software

Please let me know how it goes and if the above applies to your situation.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report? Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• JMS
    JMS
    Community Member

Howdy.

Thanks for the thorough response. I checked our the antivirus/malware page, but none of those apply. I use Avast and I just checked their logs and I'm not seeing a single blocked connection for the last week. Not sure that's it, alas.

I'm emailing the diagnostics file momentarily. Thanks for all the help!

JMS

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2013

Sorry to hear none of that helped. We'll get things squared away once we see the Diagnostics Report. Thanks for hanging in there, @JMS!

PSG-72514-933

• JMS
    JMS
    Community Member

FYI... This still isn't working. I have a couple hundred items in my 1Password that syncs across multiple OS's, machines and browsers. Chrome on Win7 simply does not sync. I remove the chrome extension, restart the browser, everything installs just fine and then, after providing my password, it syncs four items, not the couple hundred that I'm expecting. It's like the Chrome extension is finding some old crufty settings somewhere instead of the 1Password it should. Oddly, if I restart the password helper, the chrome extension registers that, but it still won't sync the correct logins.

Any suggestions here? Can I resend the diagnostics report or something?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013

Hi @JMS,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties with the Chrome extension! If you have checked out Khad's suggestions above and none of those are helping, the support team would love to see a fresh Diagnostic Report.

Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com
    Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• JMS
    JMS
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, Megan. I'll reinstall and send a copy shortly.

JMS

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @JMS,

The support team will follow up with you via email so that things don't get muddled up here. Please note that as we just launched 1Password 4 for Mac, our response times are a bit slower than usual, but we're working to answer all queries as soon as possible - we really appreciate your patience.

• JMS
    JMS
    Community Member

Thanks, Megan. No problem on the delay -- I have to work the tickets myself periodically and know they take time. Thanks in advance for your attentions.

JMS

• JMS
    JMS
    Community Member

Anything additional information I can provide here? Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JMS,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still waiting for a response! If you send me a private message with the email address you used to email support, I'll see if I can't track it down in the stacks.

• JMS
    JMS
    Community Member

Any luck tracking things down, Megan? Thanks.

JMS

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, JMS.

I apologize for the delay, and I understand it's small comfort, but the AgileBits support team is absolutely swamped, right now. I know they'll get their heads above water again as quickly as is humanly possible, though, and get back to this issue as soon as they can.

You've been amazingly patient, and you can be sure they appreciate that.

Thank you,

David

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JMS,

As David said, we really really appreciate your patience and understanding here. Your email is currently in the hands of our tech gurus, in fact, you should see a response in your inbox. :)

This discussion has been closed.