Hide empty categories

Options
crahan
crahan
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

First of all: congratulations and thank you for the awesome update!

As for my question: is there any way to hide empty categories? The 'Credit Cards' category is in the sidebar even though I don't have any items in there.

Thanks!

Comments

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

In the main app or mini? Because I don't have anything in Identities or Secure Notes and they don't show up in my mini list.

• crahan
    crahan
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

The main app. The mini app is fine. And I only have this problem with the 'Credit Cards' category. The 'Passwords' category for example hides when I delete all entries and shows up when I add an entry.

Update: just deleted all the items in 'Identities' and it also stays visible in the sidebar (main app). The category disappears in the mini app though.

• crahan
    crahan
    Community Member
    Options

An option like 1Password 3 where you can choose what you want to see in the sidebar would be very welcome. For example: I don't want to see a 'Tags' section in the sidebar but it's not possible to fully hide it anymore. You can only collapse it in version 4.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @crahan. You asked:

is there any way to hide empty categories? The 'Credit Cards' category is in the sidebar even though I don't have any items in there.

Not all of them, as you've noticed. There's more explanation of that in this topic:

Hide unused menu items?

… I don't want to see a 'Tags' section in the sidebar but it's not possible to fully hide it anymore. …

Empty sections and their labels are fully hidden automatically, except for CATEGORIES plus the All Items and Favorites groups.

More control over what's hidden/visible in the sidebar might be possible with a future update, including toggling sidebar (in)visibility completely.

• crahan
    crahan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update @sjk. Hopefully the functionality will be added in a (not too distant) future update! ;)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @crahan. What I can say is that changes like this are more likely to be in 4.x major updates, not 4.x.x minor updates. Right now, 4.0.x will mostly focus on bug fixes and not new features.

This discussion has been closed.