Two Macs + Two Vaults + Dropbox == No Multiple Vaults On Second Mac?

Options
devnulled
devnulled
Community Member

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up 1Password4 as follows:

One Vault for Home logins
One Value for Work logins
1Password4 running on 2 MacBook Pros, One at Home, One At Work, both on Mountain Lion
Syncing on Dropbox

So I created the new Work vault on my home MBP, and it is synched to Dropbox along with my Primary(Home) account.

When I try to load the Primary vault on my work MBP, the Work Vault does not show up. Or if I try to configure 1P to use the Work vault on my Work MBP, I don't seem to have access to the Home vault. How can I configure my Work MBP to have both the Home and Work vaults to work just like my MBP at home?

Thanks,

• Brandon

Comments

• Hi Brandon,

Just to confirm here, on the Home MBP, did you switch to the Work Vault and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync to use Dropbox?

Each vault has its own independent sync settings, so it's not enough to just enable the sync in the primary vault, you have to enable it again in each vault.

If you did do that, can you confirm that in the Dropbox folder, there are two separate agilekeychain files in the 1Password folder?

• josmac
    josmac
    Community Member
    Options

Just a quick comment to say that I seem to have this same situation. I created a second vault on Mac 1 and had it sync on Mac 2. I opened it on Mac 2 and it was empty. It showed 130 items on Mac 1. I suspect I might not have followed the right procedures for creating a second vault on Mac 2? Is there a trick here? Since the second vault had not recognized on Mac 2, I double clicked it, which started the failed process. I have gone back to one vault for now, until I know how to do this properly.

• devnulled
    devnulled
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT,

Yes, I did in fact setup my Work vault to sync with Dropbox. I've attached a screenshot of the two files.

Ugh, I just noticed that these files are not syncing either. Notice the timestamps...

Thanks,

Brandon

• Brandon,

After you create the primary vault on your second Mac, double-click on the Work.agilekeychain file. This should prompt you to create the second vault.

We wanted to make sure that each vault could be configured and synced separately to make it possible to share different vaults with different set of people.

• devnulled
    devnulled
    Community Member
    Options

Roustem,

Thanks, that all makes sense now and works. I'm not sure where I got confused now because that was so simple-- maybe I was just concerned that the dialog box to import my Work vault was going to overwrite it or something.

I also just got the latest 1P update (I have the classic 1P, not App Store) and everything seems to be synching by Dropbox again too. Thanks for your help!

• Great! Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.