1Password 4, Parallels VM (Windows) and shared DropBox folder, plus iOS devices

Options
BalutFX
BalutFX
Community Member

I've searched the forums, read about iCloud vs DropBox sync, but wanted to make sure I understand syncing to ensure my data continues to remain synced across all installs/devices. I have 1Password for Mac (just upgraded from 3 to 4). I had been using a DropBox folder to sync 1Password for Mac. I then shared that folder with my wife's DropBox account, and she used that folder to sync 1Password for Windows in her Parallels virtual machine. Finally, I have multiple iOS devices that sync with both iCloud (my account) and DropBox. If I understand correctly, I should use DropBox on 1Password for Mac vs iCloud to ensure all continue to remain synced. Is that right? The 1Password for Mac (v4) is currently syncing via iCloud, which I guess is the default on installation. Thanks.

Comments

• @BalutFX,

Thank you for the detail description!

Since you are using Windows, Dropbox would be the best way to go.

I see that you are currently using iOS devices to sync to both iCloud and Dropbox. This is not optimal because the syncing would be much slower and in some cases you won't see the changes on Windows until you start 1Password app on iOS.

Please note that if you are using the Mac App Store version of 1Password 4, we currently have a couple of issues related to Dropbox sync that need to be resolved.

This discussion has been closed.