Import fails to capture all fields on some items

Smudge
Smudge
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

I had exported a lot of "work" items in order to import them into a new vault (instead of sharing each item one by one), but today when I tried to use one of the imported logins, it didn't work. Looking at the item in 1P showed that the info wasn't there. For some reason, when importing certain items, it fails to add all of the fields. This happened on 4 of the 57 login items I have imported.

Here is a pic of the original item in the primary vault and then the imported item in a new test vault, which I just created for this test and saved/synced to my home dir. Yes it fails to import this item every time. It is a very simple item, just username, password, URL, and a tag.

For testing, I edited the item changing all the values (title, username, pass, URL, removed the tag) and it was still unable to import so it wasn't related to the data in the item but something with the item itself.

But, if I duplicate the item, I can export/import it without corruption.

If it helps, here are the logs. This was a fresh launch of both 1P and 1P Helper/Mini, creating a new ImportTest vault, and importing the .1pif file containing the single login item.

com.agilebits.onepassword-osx.log
2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper.log

Comments

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member

I experienced this same problem today trying to transfer some modified login items to my wife's computer via a .1pf export, copy to her computer & import. Both the username and pw were missing as shown in the prior post. Further, if I attempted to edit the items on her computer to add back the username and pw, 1pw4 would not save them. The problem seems to be intermittent in my case since a re-export/import of the login items worked correctly.

• Hi guys,

@smudge, as you can see in the first log file:

Fri Oct 4 15:14:15 2013| 400200 [DATABASE:0x7ff7b1029a30:] E mutableDetails | Unable to parse details: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840 "The data couldn’t be read because it has been corrupted." (No value.) UserInfo=0x7ff7b0f21910 {NSDebugDescription=No value.}

The item is corrupted.

Can you email us the copy of the edited 1PIF file with a link to this thread at support+urgent@agitebits.com and we'll take a look at this.

Thanks!

@oshoel, can you edit the 1PIF to replace the username/password with "username" and "password" and email it to us at support+urgent@agilebits.com as well.

Thanks!

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member

Mike,

Sorry but I've securely deleted the 1pif file. Regardless, the file contained a quite a few logins, email accounts, etc. and it would take a while to edit all the usernames and passwords. Note though that only a couple out of perhaps 20-30 items exported in the 1pif were missing the username & password info upon import, and as I mentioned, those couple items were ok when just the two of them were subsequently exported/imported in a 1pif, so it would seem there is an intermittent problem upon either export or import. Sorry I don't have the file for you to determine whether it was on the export or import side.

If I encounter the problem again with a single or small number if items in a 1pif, I'll edit and send it along. This is my only way to sync/move new and changed items that are shared with my wife - at least until 1pw4 has a unified multiple vault search/display feature to handle a yours, mine and ours situation, and I can sync multiple vaults via Dropbox safely (I gather this is a 1pw4 iOS issue). Fortunately, I have been one that has NOT had any problem syncing with Dropbox! Dropbox is the only sync method to get from my 1pw to her 1pw since we have separate iCloud accounts.

• Hi @oshloel,

In the future, you don't have to edit all of the items, just selectively copy the specific items over to a new text file ending in .1PIF to make it just one-item 1PIF file.

Hopefully, it won't happen again.

This discussion has been closed.