Will 1Password 3.8 (AgileBits web site) work fully on Mac OS X 10.9.x Mavericks?

MrHatken
MrHatken
Community Member
edited October 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Cheers,
Ashley.

Comments

• MrHatken
    MrHatken
    Community Member

Sorry, that should obviously be 10.9.x Mavericks :-(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MrHatken,

We haven't tested 3.8 extensively on Mavericks, but the main app should function just fine. :)

• MrHatken
    MrHatken
    Community Member

Hi Moderator, thank you for your comment that is good to hear. Did you intentionally not mention the Web browser plugins in that statement? PS If you can change the title/subject of this thread that would be appreciated (a little embarrassed by that typo :-) )

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MrHatken,

I see no typo in the title of the thread ;)

And no, I did not intentionally leave out the web browser plugins. We have no reason to think that they will not behave.

• MrHatken
    MrHatken
    Community Member

Thanks (on both accounts, make that three accounts - 1Password is great :-) )

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MrHatken,

You're very welcome - I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password! :)

• Shumba
    Shumba
    Community Member

@MrHatken, I have run into some challenges with 10.9.x Maverick and 1Password 3.8. This does not work, hoping Agilebits will step up and resolve or, provide a migration path to 1Password4 for those of us who committed to the product prior to 2013. Sadly I purchased my license on December 22nd 2013 , just before the cut off.

• MrHatken
    MrHatken
    Community Member

@Shumba thank you very much for your post. That is disconcerting to hear given what has been said in this thread :-( I am glad I have decided to wait a little before updating.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Shumba,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with 1Password 3 and Mavericks. If you'd explain a bit more about the trouble that you've been having, I'd be happy to help you sort it out!

• I installed Mavericks last week and today I used 1Password to generate a new password. It seems to work fine, but I lost all my previous data!
    I can't see my previously stored accounts and password.
    I hope these data have not been lost with the upgrade to Mavericks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Miguel,

I'm so sorry to hear about this! Upgrading to Mavericks should have had no effect on your data. I have a few questions to understand your situation better:

• Did you preform any backups prior upgrading?
    • What were you using to backup or sync your data?
  • Hi Megan,
    thanks for the fast answer.
    Yes I have backups done with Time Machine (on my Time Capsule). So I should be able to restore the database. Can you please tell me what file(s) are concerned and I'll try to restore them back.
    Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for clarifying that! So, let's get your data restored from Time Machine.

Make sure your Time Machine drive is connected, and you have either the Time Machine icon in the Dock or the little menu bar icon in the upper right of your screen.

• Open the Finder, and click the Go menu, then select Go to Folder.
    • Copy and paste this into the Go to Folder box (including the ~ symbol): ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/
    • Click the Go button, and a Finder window should pop up showing that folder.
    • Now enter Time Machine by either clicking the icon in the Dock, or the icon in the menu bar and selecting Enter Time Machine. Your screen should show a bunch of Finder windows in a field of starry space.
    • Browse back in time to just before you moved computers, and select the 1Password.agilekeychain file in the Finder window. Then click the restore button.
    • The file should be brought to the present, and you can double click it to launch 1Password. It should now have all your data from before.

Let me know how that works for you.

• Great, it works!
    Thanks a lot for your help Megan.
    Greetings from Belgium

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi back from Toronto, Miguel!

I'm so glad that got you sorted out :)

This discussion has been closed.