How does one navigate from the main site to discussions?

nikkne
nikkne
Community Member

The title says it all...

How does a person visiting the main web-site (http://agilebits.com) can navigate to this forum? I can't see any link, neither in Support, nor anywhere else.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please see the discussion in this in other thread and let me know if you still have more questions:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12820/finding-one-s-way-around-agile-bits-websites

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Well I flew over the discussion you linked to Khad and understand that the blog links to this discussions forum. But does the website itself link to the forum? Even when I'm on "support" on the main website, I don't see any mention of this forum. (e.g. http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/)

I find this very strange to be honest.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I’m not sure there is a link. We try to keep the barrier to entry pretty high since we want most folks to email us for the best experience. This forum is more for advanced users like yourself who don't mind creating a new account and who understand what Markdown is, etc. Threads are indexed by Google so they show up if one matches an issue someone searching for, but most people just want help, and email is still the quickest and easiest way to get that.

Besides, this way you're part of a special club. :)

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

Can't catch me with the special club ("don't want to belong to any club which would have me as a member") but understand your argument.

Thanks for elaborating.

PS: Might want to change that "© 2012" to 2013 instead of 2012 on the bottom of this forum.

• nikkne
    nikkne
    Community Member

Ok, thanks for clarifying this. I find it really strange (don't want to use a stronger word) not to have a link to forums from the main site.

The reason I posted this question originally was because I couldn't find any of the links in search engines, as links were outdated.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I’m not sure there is a link. We try to keep the barrier to entry pretty high since we want most folks to email us for the best experience.

This is a curious position.

The forums are a source of good information that any user may benefit from, and general questions may be answered more quickly than official support channels.

I recall being baffled by the difficultly in finding a link to the forums from the AgileBits site.

• onepassword_user
    onepassword_user
    Community Member

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

;)

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member

Once you create an account, 1Password will take you here directly!

That said, I too would vote for putting a link to the forums in an easier-to-find location. If you don’t want to make things too easy, here is an idea:

The Basics page closes with the following paragraph:

Have fun!

You now have what you need to dive in and start using 1Password. As you add information to your vault, you’ll discover its powerfuls organisation tools, advanced search options, smart folders, and so much more. You can learn more about 1Password 4’s features in the In Depth section of this guide and how to do specific things in the Tutorials section. Check out the FAQ for answers to your questions and the Knowledgebase for more technical things.

I would suggest fixing the typo, adding hyperlinks in all of the obvious places, and rewarding any user who makes it all the way through the Basics page with a link to the discussion forums.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the suggestion, Ben! I'll pass this along.

This discussion has been closed.