Chrome Extension broken? (Not the installation issue)

After finally being able to install the Chrome extension I encountered a problem on http://creative.adobe.com

Case 1: I have no 1password entry for the page, enter my login data into the web form and submit
=> 1Password does not offer to save the login details

Case 2: I manually created an entry for the page with username and password and use the 1p extension to submit.
=> The form is not automatically submitted even though Auto Submit is on
=> 1p extension offers me to update the 1password entry (which it does at every subsequent login again and again).

Current versions of Chrome, 1password, 1password extension, Mountain Lion.

Hessi

Comments

• Hi Hessi,

It'd help if you could write down the version numbers rather than saying current, it might not be accurate because sometime auto-update don't work.

Can you confirm if it does not auto-prompt in Safari either? Did it ever prompt to auto-save on other sites? If not, open the main 1Password app, go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Browser, see if the auto-save is turned off and if yes, turn it on.

In my testing here, 1Password did prompt to auto-save for me on that site. In addition, auto-submit did work but if you're using 1Password app from the Mac App Store, that's likely because you'll need a separate tool that we'll be releasing soon to improve the submission issue.

The one thing that I can confirm is that it does constantly prompt to update the Login. I've filed a bug report and we'll get that fixed as soon as possible.

• Hessijames
    Hessijames
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

1Password 4.0 build 400200
    Chrome 30.0.1599.69
    OSX 10.8.5
    All check boxes in your screen shot are checked.

After testing again 1Password at least asks to save the login. (Which does not work 100% since the email form field is not connected to the 1p username)

I am indeed using the App Store version. This is the second time now that I hear I have to wait for a tool to released soon to get 1Password working /again/. I won't comment that any further.

• Hessijames
    Hessijames
    Community Member

Any motivation to comment on/fix the issues?

• bryanstedman
    bryanstedman
    Community Member

I am having similar issues with the Chrome extension. My safari extension is working perfectly, but in Chrome the extension will not auto submit. It will save new passwords though. I have all the browser preferences in your screenshot checked. When I click the link in the extension to auto submit nothing happens. Similarly, if I am in safari the global menubar helper works great, but if I am in Chrome and click the link to auto submit then nothing happens.

I am running OSX 10.8.5 Chrome 30.0.1599.69 1Password Version 4.0 (400200) & 1Password Chrome Extension 4.0.0.23

• Hessijames
    Hessijames
    Community Member

I may add that the Chrome extension does not offer to save the password on raedan.de

• arnab
    arnab
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

Same issue here too: in chrome the extension/mini-app does not fill anything. It does offer to save new logins and saves them. But does not fill anything.

Mac OSX 10.8.5, latest Chrome 30.0.1599.69, 1Password app 4.0.2 (402002), extension 4.0.1.99.

• arnab
    arnab
    Community Member

An update from Chrome this morning fixed it for me. I'm now on Chrome 30.0.1599.101 and it all works!

• Hessijames
    Hessijames
    Community Member

Chrome 30.0.1599.101 on Mac does not fill the login on https://signin.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn
    Hope the beta phase will be over soon.

• Hi guys,

@hessijames:

his is the second time now that I hear I have to wait for a tool to released soon to get 1Password working /again/. I won't comment that any further.

This is due to sandboxing rules in Mac App Store, we cannot install the tool automatically and the sandboxing prevents us from sending an event into the browser. It has to be done via a separate tool. Try installing this auto-submit package and see if it'll improve the autosubmit process.

I may add that the Chrome extension does not offer to save the password on raedan.de

Yep, confirmed. You have to manually save the Login on that site and after that, 1Password will fill and submit it.

Chrome 30.0.1599.101 on Mac does not fill the login on https://signin.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn

I've added raedan.de to our list to improve on in the future.

Works great for me, both auto-save and auto-submit. Try doing a new Login for the site, see if it'll work better.

• dmcghan
    dmcghan
    Community Member

Hello,

I'm also having issues on Chrome on Mac. The extension will not fill in the fields for any of my logins. I'm using Chrome 30.0.1599.101 and I've just tried version 4.0.1.1 of the 1Password extension.

It tried installing the auto submit package but it didn't help.

Dan

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Dan ( @dmcghan ),

Unfortunately, that handy little script is most useful when the extension will not automatically submit the Login. It's not much use for filling in information.

Please see our guide on Filling Issues to see if the solution is in there: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/filling-issues.html

• dmcghan
    dmcghan
    Community Member

Hi,

The page you sent me to was great. Turns out it was Sophos antivirus. I uninstalled it and 1password started working again!

Do you by chance have instructions on how to get both to play nicely with each other?

Thanks for your help!

Dan

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dmcghan,

I'm so glad to hear you've got things working again! And it turns out that I do have a handy article on Configuring Sophos. I hope this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.