Transition to the new 1Password for iOS

polygon
polygon
Community Member

Newbie forum member, long time user. Never had an issue with 1Password or the online guides, but want to run this by you:

I began with a fresh database when you released 1Password for Mac on the Mac App Store (I'm at version 3.9.6). I had the older version of the iPhone app and used to sync via WIFI to the Mac version.

I bought the new 1Password for iOS the day it was released and because there were issues at that time with DropBox syncing and I couldn't sync with WIFI, I made the backup to iCloud (after migrating from the old iOS).

Everything was fine until I realised, of course, I had two databases! Doh! Ever since, I kept thinking 'I must sort that out'. But, of course, you never do :)

So here I am. What is best here? I have searched the forum and looked through guides, but I felt there must be other people that did the same thing, so I'd start this discussion. Hopefully I've not duplicated this topic?

So I guess my question is, can I merge the two?

Thanks in advance, Stevie

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The easiest way to merge the data is to enable Dropbox syncing in 1Password for Mac then enable it in 1Password for iOS. The data will be merged. The complete steps are in the User Guide.

Please let me know how it goes.

• polygon
    polygon
    Community Member

Brilliantly. Thanks Khad!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• polygon
    polygon
    Community Member

Ooo! I do have a question relating to the migration that I need to get straight in my head. I think it may be a dumb question?

I currently have 2 Passwords: 1 for iOS and another for my Mac. This was because during initial setup of the iOS it asked me to enter a new password, despite linking with my existing database? I since found out from another discussion that you could actually have two passwords for the same database and that that has now changed with 1Password 4 for Mac. So, I now want to only use a single Password.

Would I delete the iOS app, download again and it would then simply ask me for the password I use on my Mac via DropBox?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Yep. :)

This discussion has been closed.