Ver3 not updating automatically from Ver4

I installed 1Password 4 (from website) on iMac (10.8.5)
Syncing with DropBox
Updates automatically fine on iPhone, OS 7
Not updating on Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) on iMac (10.7.5)
Can't upgrade to 1Password 4 on this 10.7.5 computer.
Thanks much,
Jerry

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Jerry, ( @sig2night )

I'm sorry to hear that you've having difficulties getting Dropbox synced up. The first steps to troubleshooting this are pretty basic: please confirm that Dropbox is installed and running on the iMac that is misbehaving, and make sure that you are signed in with the same Dropbox account on all computers.

If all that looks good, we need to find where 1Password 4 is syncing to in Dropbox. By default, this will be ~Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain.

Please run a backup of your password database on 1Password 4 before doing the following, just in case :)

If you find your keychain file on the iMac running 1Password 4, please look in the same folder in Dropbox on your iMac running 1Password 3. Once you've found the file, quit 1Password 3 and then double-click the 1Password.agilekeychain file to open 1Password with that data file.

(If you would like help locating your 1Password.agilekeychain file, or if you find multiples, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from the iMac that is running 1Password 4?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• sig2night
    sig2night
    Community Member

After adding my 1st credit card to 1Password 4, that is what is not updating in 1Password 3.

Closed 1Password on both computers, double-clicked Password.agilekeychain in DropBox on computer with 1Password 4, showed credit card info ok.

Double-clicked Password.agilekeychain in DropBox on computer with 1Password 3, credit card info not there.

Thanks,
    Jerry

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Jerry ( @sig2night )

I am sorry that you're still having trouble here. Unfortunately, if that didn't work, we will need to see a Diagnostics Report to get you properly sorted out. Please follow my earlier instructions and send a Report in to support@ agilebits .com

• sig2night
    sig2night
    Community Member

Just sent the report with a link to this post.
    Thanks, Jerry

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @sig2night,

We'll follow up via email, just so things don't get muddled up between here and there :)

• sig2night
    sig2night
    Community Member

Thanks very much......Jerry

This discussion has been closed.