Chrome PlugIN

Hi, i see a lot of posts about the chrome plug in. I am not a computer geek so some of it is above my head. I have been using 1password for about 2 months and love it, and just registered my copy yesterday and now it seems the chrome plug in is not working. It will not pop up a bar asking me 'do you want to save a log in for this site?' I have had to manually enter the info by opening the full interface/user dashboard

I am not sure if this is what all the other posts are about or not.

When I first installed the plug in, it didn't work correctly and I came here and was instructed to install the beta plug in, which I did. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the plug in?

Thank you.

My copy of chrome is up to date
Version 30.0.1599.101 m
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Comments

• smaglio81
    smaglio81
    Community Member

"I have had to manually enter the info by opening the full interface/user dashboard"

I had to do this when registering for the microcenter.com website earlier today. 1Password didn't automatically "pick up" that I was creating a new account. Before entering the "Create a new account" section on the website, I made sure that I was logged into 1Password in the browser.

Chrome: 30.0.1599.101 m

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LSchaefer,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the extension. I'd like you to check something for me:

• Click on the key icon to open the 1Password extension window
    • Click on the gear icon near the bottom left of the window to open your Settings
    • Select Logins
    • Make sure that the 'Ask to Save New Logins' option is checked.

Please note that 1Password will not always automatically notice when you are filling in a login. If you need to manually save a login, I'm including the steps below:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the + button in the corner.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If your Save New Logins is checked and 1Password is still not asking to save any logins, please let me know :)

• LSchaefer
    LSchaefer
    Community Member

thanks Megan

ask to save new logins is checked

i tried two new sites today
    first, drugstore.com. when i logged in, 1password did ask if i wanted to save the login
    then, orbitz.com: when I logged in, it did not ask if i wanted to save the log in

I tried united.com, which I have logged in repeatedly over the past three weeks and 1password never asked if i wanted to save it. Today, it did.

It all seems somewhat random.

I can follow the instructions you gave me for manually saving a log in and they work. Thank you.

However, I don't know if 1password is going to 'ask' me to save the log in or not until I have already logged in. Then if it didn't ask to save, I need to log out and do it over again. A bit cumbersome.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

There are some kinds of login pages that give 1Password a bit of trouble, but they should do so consistently.

Please let us know of specific web site URLs, and we'll try to see what's going wrong.

Thanks for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.