1Password 4 trouble accessing Dropbox

peterq
peterq
Community Member

I finally bit the bullet and bought 1Password4 for iOS, even though the 1Password3 app still works fine.

I'm having trouble with Settings|Sync|Dropbox.

I'm a long time 1Password user and have been syncing all this time via Dropbox. No issues so far. Standard setup: a 1Password.agilekeychain directory in the Dropbox dir.

Currently, under Sync, I have:

iCloud ON and successful (not sure what iCloud sync is, why it's on and why I need it, if I switch if OFF I still have the Dropbox problem)
Dropbox ON with a "Problem with sync. Tap to fix" message.
File Sharing OFF (not sure what that is why I need it)
Wi-Fi Sync

If I tap on Dropbox, I get a long wait and a progress bar, then the same error.

Can you please advise how to proceed?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Hey peterq,

There is a syncing bug with the current version. A bug fix is in the works. Some users have reported leaving file sharing on and this helps to alleviate the syncing issues.

The are several discussions here in the forums, about resolving the sync issues if you would like a little info before proceeding further.

As to when the update will be available I don't have a time frame.

• peterq
    peterq
    Community Member

I appreciate the quick answer. Can you please provide a link to the current work-arounds? I didn't realize this was a known bug.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013

Hi, @peterq. Here's a workaround from this Announcement topic:

1Password iOS 4.3 sync issues identified, fix submitted to Apple

In the interim if you find that iOS is not syncing then you can force quit and restart 1Password which should cause sync to resume.

I hope that's helpful for you.

• peterq
    peterq
    Community Member

Thanks @sjk. Restarting the app actually did work as a work-around for me. I'll be waiting for the 4.3.1 release. I understand that the ball is at Apple at the moment.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your patience and letting us know the workaround helped, @peterq. C'mon, Apple. :)

This discussion has been closed.