Safari 7.0 - Extension database not available

Hi,

i recently updated to Mavericks and now the Safari extension stop working. I tried to install the extension again but this doesn't help.
My 1P version is: 3.8.21 (build 32009)

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @savecon,

Please confirm that you are downloading the version 3 extension found here: https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html :)

• savecon
    savecon
    Community Member

This is exactly the extension i used

• metamorphic
    metamorphic
    Community Member

I get the same error message. Using Safari 6.1 (7537) on 10.7.5 extension 3.9.19. Have tried re-downloading extension, un- and re-installed it, and other attempts. Any suggestions would be welcome!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @savecon and @metamorphic,

We're having difficulty reproducing this error on our end. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

When you send in the Report, please also include as much detail about the issue as possible (including how it is not working - and a screenshot of the error message you are seeing if possible.) The more information you provide, the better we will be able to track down where this trouble is coming in.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• savecon
    savecon
    Community Member

ok. I will do this.
    thanks so far

• AlGil
    AlGil
    Community Member

I'm experiencing the same thing, only on Lion with Safari 6.1 and 1pass 3.9. The app works, but extension throws and error "Extension database not available". Are you gonna fix it anytime soon or should I start looking for different app to use?

• lmdalbo
    lmdalbo
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

Same problem! "Extension database not available"!!! OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Safari 7.0 and 1Password 3.8.21

• vijay_harwalkar
    vijay_harwalkar
    Community Member

I recently installed OSX Mavericks on my Macbook Pro and tried to use the latest installed version of 1Password 3 in Safari7. I keep getting the error which reads " . . . Extension database not available . . .". Further, the installed Safari extension has ver 3.9.19 while the main application is 3.8.21. I have tried all support-suggested methods to generate a diagnostic report but no success. Question: Is 1P3 browser extension for Safari compatible with Mavericks 10.9/ Safari 7? Is there a work-around or resolution to this?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AlGil and @lmdalbo,

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing this error. I'd like you to try a couple of things for me:

• Go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper
    • If you're still seeing the error, please try re-booting your Mac

Unfortunately, if that doesn't work, we do need to see a Diagnostics Report to track down where the trouble is coming in.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

• For users on Mavericks (@lmdalbo) please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/ms/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vijay_harwalkar,

I've merged your post with an ongoing discussion that I think might help you. Please see my suggestions above and see if you're able to get 1Password 3 working. It should behave fine in Mavericks, and we're more than happy to help you get things back up and running again as soon as possible!

• savecon
    savecon
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

how long should it take to generate the report?
    I followed the instructions and click "Create Report" and now the wheel is spinning since 10 minutes

• willsgt
    willsgt
    Community Member

Having the same issue with Mt Lion and Safari 6.1. Started as soon as I updated Safari.

• plaf
    plaf
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

Having the same issue on my iMac with OSX 10,7,5 and Safari 6.1 with 1P extension 3,9,19 and 1P 3,8,21.

Everything works fine on my MacBookPro on Maverick and where everything else up to date (1P4 etc).

I use DropBox to sync on both computer (user/Documents/DropBox/1Password).

I am emailing you my report.

• plaf
    plaf
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @savecon,

My apologies, apparently Mavericks requires a specialized tool for Diagnostic Reports - I may have given you the wrong set of instructions.

Try this: Please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.
    http://i.agilebits.com/ms/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

• AlGil
    AlGil
    Community Member

Well, your so called troubleshooting tool has a trouble of its own. It generates report bot when export is selected it will not save the file. Any advise how to proceed

• AlGil
    AlGil
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

OK peeps, did not want to wait for 1Pass people so here is the solution for "Extension database" error:

1. Close Safari
    2. Go to ~/Library/Safari/Databases
    3. Delete folder that reads like safari-extension_com.agilebits.onepassword-safari…..
    4. Reopen Safari and click on the key. Enter your password and enjoy

I think they should hire me or at least send me nice Christmas gift

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @AlGil. Generally, the ⌘⌥Q incantation should fix this. I'm curious to hear if this works for others who are experiencing this problem. To me it sounds like it could be a permissions issue or something similar preventing 1Password from reading the pre-existing database. If there are other issues, we'll continue to work with you all to figure them out. Just hang in there with us since this is a fairly new problem report.

Also, @AlGil, you know, we are hiring. Many of our Agile family and alumni started first in the forums. It's a pretty good shortcut to finding folks that are passionate about 1Password!

• AlGil
    AlGil
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

No problem. It could be a permission issue but I ran fix permissions from disk utility and from your diagnostic tool and that did not help. Before I deleted the folder I had r/w to the folder and "others" had r only. It could be something to do with safari not recognizing it. After all, now if I "Reset safari" the folder is gone but before i manually deleted it safari reset did not do it. Anyway it is fixed and I'm happy. Hopefully others will benefit also.

As for hiring - I'm heavily into T-SQL / C# (not something you are looking for ) and too old to move.

Keep up good work

• plaf
    plaf
    Community Member

Thanks AlGil.
    Your solution worked for me.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the followups, @AlGil and @plaf. I'll mention them to @jxpx777.

• savecon
    savecon
    Community Member

@AlGil Thank you. Everything is working now.

• AlGil
    AlGil
    Community Member

Glad I can help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

If anyone is still having issues reported in this topic, with or without trying @AlGil's workaround (post #18; thanks again!), please let us know so we can help you resolve them. Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I posted the solution to this back in August:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/75163/#Comment_75163

I'm working on making it a pinned thread so it is more obvious.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013

I just posted the complete instructions in a new support article pinned to the top of this category. Here is the link to it:

"Problem with database" error in Safari in OS X Mavericks

If anyone else is coming across this issue, please be sure to follow the steps in that support article.

I'm going to close this thread now. If you're still having trouble, please start a new thread or email us. Links for both of those contact methods are in the support article. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.