Problems exporting data from 3.7.2 to the new 4.3.1. Says items are "skipped". Please help!!!

billNY
billNY
Community Member

Greetings. I was using 3.7.2 and I purchased the new version 4.3.1 When I attempt to import all items, I get an error "import completed. No items were imported. Skipped 165 items". Customer support is impossible to get. I tried re-installing the new version, soft reboot, etc. Any help appreciated, very frustrated with this process and company...

Comments

• roustem
    edited October 2013

I am guessing that you already have have these items 1Password and this is why they are getting skipped.

• billNY
    billNY
    Community Member

Negative. I have not been able to successfully import my old items into V4

• billNY
    billNY
    Community Member

And v3 can't use drop box anymore, so I don't know what to do. I need to switch phones on top of all this from the 4 to 5S and I dread the thought of retyping all these items...

• Hi @billNY,

Don't retype anything at all, let us figure this out. We found a problem with the migration between 1Password 3.7.2 and 4.3.1 and we're investigating for a solution.

Right now, can you tell me if you have a Mac where you can install 1Password 3 on? If yes, you can use the Wi-Fi sync to pull the data from your 1Password 3.7.2 into the Mac App. From there, you can use the Mac App to move your data file to the Dropbox folder (go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > General, press Move to Dropbox..) and then configure 1Password 4 for iOS to pick the data up via Dropbox.

If you need help with this, please contact us at support+forum@agilebits.com, and we'll get you fixed up.

• terryech
    terryech
    Community Member

Thanks MikeT SO MUCH. I have been fighting with this problem all day and your solution worked! :)>-

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @terryech,

I'm so glad to hear that Mike's solution worked. On behalf of him, you're very welcome. And we're sorry that you had to go through such a process to get it sorted, we're hoping to have a proper solution to this bug soon!

This discussion has been closed.