1Browser does not fill in mypay.dfas correctly on iPad (1Password 4.3.1)

MikeV99
MikeV99
Community Member
edited November 2013 in iOS

1PW 4.3.1 Browser on iPad.

URL https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.aspx
Userid Wertymmhr
PW Zxcvbnm147

A second window should come saying Userid/password problem, but it doesn't. Instead the screen goes to Exit.

Works with Safari.

Can it be fixed?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MikeV99,

When you're having difficulty with just one site, it could be because the site's details have recently changed or there was an error during the original save. The easiest course of action is often to save a new Login item. I created a new Login (with dummy information) for the site and it behaved as expected in 1Browser.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

I go to the web site and manually enter in the information above. No Login used. In every case, an exit screen replaces the current screen. What should happen is a new window show open.

Please provide me detailed steps and I will try them.

The existing Login does work on my iPhone.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

Hi @MikeV99,

You're right - there is a difference in behaviour between the iPhone and the iPad. This is because the iPhone is using the mobile version of the site, which behaves as expected and the iPad is using the desktop version. I am seeing the "Goodbye" screen on both my desktop and iPad when entering the incorrect information (with a Login created on Mac or iPhone.)

In my testing, however, manually creating a Login on iPad works as expected for both iPad and iPhone.

I am a bit less concerned however about what happens when incorrect Login information is entered. What happens when you use your actual Login information - are you logged in correctly?

Here are the steps to manually save a new Login on a Mac:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the + button in the corner.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

To create a new entry on your iOS device:

• Select 'Categories' from the sidebar (the filing cabinet icon)
    • Press the '+' button in the top right corner
    • Select 'Login'
    • Enter your username, password and website (and any other details you wish)
    • Select 'Done'
    • Tap the website link to be logged in to the site
  • MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

This is frustrating. Login works with 1Browser on iMac/MacBook Air and iPhone.

Nothing works on 1Browser on iPad. I get the goodbye screen on the same Tab using 1Browser with the correct login info. I get the goodbye screen on the same Tab using 1Browser with the incorrect login info.

I should be able to open a new 1Browser Tab, manually enter the URL (www.dfas.mil), click on MyPay, manually copy/paste the UID/PW or enter dummy UID/PW and be able to see 1Browser open a new Tab. Note that it fails when NOT using 1Browser to automatically fill in the information.

I am using an iPad 3 with IOS 7.

Using iPad Safari on the site and using the correct UID/PW login gives me a new Tab with my normal login info. If I use the invalid UID/PW Safari opens a new Tab with an invalid login message. I never get the Goodbye screen using Safari.

Note that Safari always opens a new Tab. 1Browser on the iPad never opens a new Tab.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    edited November 2013

BTW, if I change the Browser Agent to Safari(iPad) or Safari(iPhone) I get the Mobile screen and Login is done using a single Tab.

If the Browser Agent is set to 1Browser, Safari(Mac) or Chrome I get the Goodbye screen in the same Tab.

If the Browser Agent is set to FireFox I get the full site and Login works but in a single Tab.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MikeV99,

Sounds like you've done some really great testing there - thanks for being so thorough. Changing the Browser agent was going to be my next suggestion - I'm glad to hear that you are able to log in correctly with this change.

I will keep this website on our list though, to see if there is a way to make this more consistent in the future.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

Thanks. Will it get entered as a bug report?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

@MikeV99,

A bug report has been filed. :)

This discussion has been closed.