Beta & App Store Installed At Same Time?

HenryY
HenryY
Community Member

I used to have both the Beta and App Store releases installed at the same time, and it was working great.

Lately, I noticed If I had both, Dropbox sync only works with the App Store version and not with the Beta.

I have since removed the App Store version from my devices. Is this something new?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

@HenryY ,

I don't think its related to the beta. I seem to recall a similar issue during the very first betas. Let me look back over my posts and Ill edit this post if i find it.

I do recall I was having a devil of a time (back then) getting the beta and the stable to use Dropbox. It had something to do with how Dropbox authorized the app. In the end I was able to get it to work. I am almost sure I made a post about the issue.

Gimme a bit to do some research. Unfortunately it could take a bit of time to find :(

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

grr no GRR

The search is not yielding any results. Let me see if I can solve the issue I know I was able to at one time. My iPad it currently only has the release so I should be able to at least try it. :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2013

@HenryY

Seems to be the thing to do to get it to working on my end anyway.

1. Uninstall the release,
    2. Install the beta, and setup your Dropbox sync
    3. I personally wait till the sync is finished before moving on
    4. Install the stable. I did not get a dialogue asking about Dropbox sync (it did mention checking iCloud) it went straight to the Master Password screen.

I feared it was using iCloud or something but opening preferences it was indeed using Dropbox.

I assume this is because its reading the Dropbox connection from the beta. ** Maybe the beta and the stable share this I don't know.

Both Stable and beta should now be using Dropbox.

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

@thightower I did try this, but if you do this, the beta will only sync that one time, and any changes you make from then on won't be synced via Dropbox.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Hmm thanks for adding that Henry. Not seen that Ill gives it a try later tonight. of course it could be related to some of the release bugs a few of us have reported. Since the latest beta is the Release Candidate.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread. Do you mean that you are able to auth both but that it doesn't sync or that you are not able to auth?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Problem:

Unable to authorize the beta with the stable already installed.

Solution:

Uninstall stable, install beta, link to Dropbox, install stable, link to Dropbox.

Possible problem :

Henry was unable to successfully sync and when it did sync it only did one time.
    Possibly related to these topics since the latest beta was the release candidate.

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16889/4-3-freeze-in-sync-settings-screen#latest
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16997/solution-for-ver-4-3-sync-problems-icloud-and-dropbox#latest
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16890/1password-4-3-not-syncing-custom-icons-from-mac#latest

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member

I see the latest beta addressed the issue.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Yes, I also can confirm that. Thanks @HenryY for reminding me of the subject, and to check it out.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear this issue was resolved, guys. Sorry for the belated acknowledgement. :)

This discussion has been closed.