Firefox Extension: Mouse freezes and float after using 1Password Extension in Firefox

Almost every time after putting in my password to fill in a password form in Firefox, the mouse seems to freeze and 'float' as if the extension was hijacking the browser's main thread. This is very frustrating!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

kop48, I'm sorry to hear you're having that problem.

To help me try to reproduce it, can you tell me exactly what steps you're taking?

For example, do you first go to a web site for which you [do | do not] have a Login item saved in 1Password; or are you using the 1Password [main program | Firefox extension] to open, fill, and submit a login form based on a Login item you've already saved in 1Password?

Thanks for your patience, kop48! We want to figure this out.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Hi DBrown,

I am seeing this just starting up Firefox. This also happens immediately after typing in my master password into the extension and it unlocking.

Cheers,

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

So, very quickly after you launch Firefox, the pointer stops reacting to mouse movement, even if you don't press Ctrl+\ or click the 1Password extension icon in the Firefox toolbar first?

I can't reproduce that on my Windows 7 setup, using the latest 1Password extension.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

That is correct, without activating 1Password at all.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the clarification!

Can I ask you to disable and uninstall the extension, work with Firefox a bit, and let us know whether you see the same problem?

• JonRobbo
    JonRobbo
    Community Member

I have exactly the same problem, although I use Chrome on Windows. I have had this issue for many months and versions.

kop48, what sort of mouse do you have? I have a SteelSeries Sensei.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

I have a Logitech G15x, but this also happens on my work computer, with completely different hardware.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Did uninstalling and re-installing the browser extension have any beneficial effect?

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

No, and I've just had the same thing happen in Chrome.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'll have to ask the developers for assistance with this, @kop48, as I'm unable to reproduce the problem.

In case it would help them, please send us a diagnostics report (from the Help menu in 1Password for Windows), and be sure to include a link to this forum thread.

Thanks for your help!

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Who can I mail it to? The application isn't finding my mail client.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hmm...try support@agilebits.com, and let us know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks again!

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

Ok, sent. FYI, the same thing happened when I hit Control+\, so it might be the Agent itself...?

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member

So, I suspect it's the agent itself. The update dialog box also caused my mouse to lag while updating to the latest 1Password 4 BETA. This occurred even before launching my browser.

This discussion has been closed.