Somehow the beta version has installed itself from an update for 1Password 4

Options
Brett Ryan
Brett Ryan
Community Member

Frankly, I'm pissed off.

Somehow 1Password has updated itself to a beta version, and I can't open it and no longer have access to my accounts. I'm on a friggin' slower than dialup connection in Australia and now have to wait 6 hours for the download to complete.

Please tell me, how did the beta get installed?

I'm running OSX 10.8.5 and using the downloaded version of 1Password.

Second thing that's f**cked me me over is my PAID version for iPad no longer works as you now require 1Password to have iOS gt 6, I've got a first generation iPad and can no longer access 1Password from there.

I'd get my accounts from my iPhone but last night the screen fell off.

So I'm just screwed from every single direction.

Thanks.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

As to the beta point see post #3 in this thread, and the links to which it refers. There have been several posts here about this.

Stephen

• I am sorry for the trouble about the Beta Build Expired message. This message normally appears only for members of our beta family but there was an issue in 1Password 4.0.2 where it would accidentally appear.

You will need to manually install the new version by following these steps:

1. Click OK on the alert and then check if 1Password mini is running. If you see the key icon for 1Password mini in your menubar, open it and click the Settings icon. Then select the Quit 1Password mini menu item as shown here.

2. Download the latest version of 1Password 4 for Mac from the AgileBits download page.

3. Once the download completes, drag the new 1Password 4.app file from your Downloads folder into your /Applications folder to replace your existing copy.

Once you follow these steps you should be able to start 1Password 4 without seeing this alert.

As for 1Password 4 requiring iOS 6 on the iPad, there were a lot of features Apple added to iOS 6 that we wanted to take advantage of. I wish iOS 6 was able to work on the first generation iPad but Apple decided to not support it. I can't blame them as the iPad 1 was the first generation product and the iPad 2 had a ton of improvements that Apple wanted to allow iOS 6 to take advantage of. But in the end I agree, it would be wonderful if it was supported as it would have made everyone's lives easier.

Regarding 1Password on your iPhone, I am not sure I understand what the issue is there. Do you literally mean the screen fell off your iPhone or is there a problem with 1Password there?

This discussion has been closed.