re-download after hard drive loss?

Options
yeum
yeum
Community Member

I recently experienced a disk failure, and had to wipe everything. I didn't backup my applications folder.

How do I download 1password again? I already purchased it, well before the crash. When I go to the app store, iTunes doesn't recognize that I already purchased it, and is asking for payment.

Comments

• satelles
    satelles
    Community Member
    Options

I also purchased through the App store and 1password does not show up in my purchased list. It does show in iTunes, but I am unable to re-download. Can't I have the app on both my laptop and desktop?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Are you (both) sure you are looking in the right places?

Apple makes things confusing in that there are two App Stores. The one available through iTunes is for apps for iDevices. The one for Mac apps is reached through the App Store application.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Hey guys,

In addition to what @danco said its under the purchases tab in the app store.

Also it will have your original purchase date so you may need to do some scrolling. I purchased in 2011, so its further down the list. I mention this as most people think with a new app aka 1Password 4 it would be near the top but that is not the case.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yeum,

In addition to what's been suggested already, if you did purchase from the Mac App Store, please check to make sure that you are logged in with the same AppleID as when you made the original purchase. If you're like me and somehow have collected several, applications can hide in the one that you didn't expect.

If, however, you purchased 1Password from the AgileBits website, you can download a fresh copy here: https://agilebits.com/downloads. This copy does require you to input your license information. If you don't have it saved, just send an email to our support team support@ agilebits .com and we'll help you find it.

Hi @satelles,

Once you purchase 1Password for Mac, you are entitled to install it on as many Macs as you personally use. Hopefully some of the suggestions above have helped you locate your copy. :)

I hope this helps you get sorted out, but we're here to help if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.