Typing in the address bar sometimes causes Chrome 25.0.1364.99 to close

Options
PaulNX
PaulNX
Community Member

Since upgrading to Chrome 25.0.1364.99 it has been multiple time a day: I would open a new tab, use my search engine short cuts and upon pressing enter, Chrome would crash.

1) I deactivated all my customized proxy settings, with no effect;
2) I deactivated my extensions with no effect...
3) Until I deactivated the 1Password extension.

Chrome have been stable for 24 hours now. I’m still monitoring it, but i has not crashed once.

I know I will be advice to create a new Chrome profile. But I do not wish to sync my settings and a blank new profile will have a negative effect on my workflow. At the moment, ALL my extension are activated, except for 1Password. I’ll make more text in a couple of days (including deactivating ALL extensions except 1Password).

Also worth noting: upon crashing, Chrome does not produce a crash report. I’ve checked.

P.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry that you are having some trouble, Paul. As you mentioned it sounds exactly like a corrupt profile. There is no known issue in Chrome 25 right now.

You can set aside your current Chrome profile just for troubleshooting purposes to see if that really is the issue. Then, if you want to move the corrupt profile back into place, you can do so. It's just a really easy way to narrow down the issue.

How To: Create a new Google Chrome profile

It only takes a few moments to test, and then you (and we) will know. Just move the profile folder as outlined in the aforelinked support article, then you can move it back. It's as simple as drag and drop. :)

• 11craft
    11craft
    Community Member
    Options

PaulNX: This may have been a problem with Chrome itself, not necessarily with 1Password. There is a lengthy bug report discussion about this crash here: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=175341

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that link, 11craft. It does sound like that is likely the issue. It sounds like some folks have had temporary success with a new profile, but that is just a bandage not a real solution. Hopefully they can get this resolved in an update.

• JackChill420
    JackChill420
    Community Member
    Options

You may need to delete temporary files, web browser cache as follows:

1. Click Wrench icon on the top right corner.
    2. Select Tools | Delete browsing history.
    3. A new page opens.
    4. Check-up all boxes. Click the "Delete" button.
This discussion has been closed.