IE9/IE10 crash when unlocking extension

This has been a long standing bug with the Windows version of 1Password, but I've always worked around it by using Firefox/Chrome instead. Not every time, but often (a few times a day), Internet Explorer will crash when I hit the ctrl+\ shortcut to unlock 1Password. All tabs are recovered fine, and I can then hit the shortcut again to unlock 1Password and log in.

The most recent time I noticed this crash, I believe 1Password was already unlocked, and I was then browsing to another site to fill a login. After IE crashed, I then had to unlock 1Password again and it worked fine.

I've seen this issue across multiple computers running Windows 7 and Windows 8. Both IE9 and IE10 are affected, not sure about IE8. Let me know if there are any logs I should be looking at that might shed some light on the problem.

Comments

• Rob 1234
    Rob 1234
    Community Member

I have seen this intermittent issue on IE with Windows 7 also. I see it every week or so, but maybe I don't use ctrl-\ as frequently as you do.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report?

Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Brandon Shea
    Brandon Shea
    Community Member

Just sent the email with attachment. Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! We will reply as soon as possible if you haven't received a reply already. We appreciate your patience as we are a bit busier than usual due to the sale.

• JackChill420
    JackChill420
    Community Member

Need to reset Inernet Explorer settings to its default values. Here are the steps for you:

1. Open IE.
    2. Click Tools | Internet Options.
    3. Click the Advance tab.
    4. Click Reset.
    5. Confirm your action.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@JackChill420, this solves the problem if IE crashing when you press Ctrl+\ to use the 1Password extension?

• JackChill420
    JackChill420
    Community Member

@DBrown: Sorry, didn't got your point. What do you mean by Ctrl+\ ?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm asking whether you believe that resetting IE options to default values will solve the problem addressed in this thread: IE crashing when you press Ctrl+\ to use the 1Password extension.

This discussion has been closed.