Can't move items into/between folders [4.0.5 bug, fixed with update]

Options
rt2014
rt2014
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

All,

I'm using 4.0.5 and have noticed that if I create a new login, then drag/drop that login into a folder then look at that folder it's not there. Obviously I can still find it if I search, but it appears to be in limbo cause it's sure not where I placed it..

I saw this behavior on the iOS version, but that appears to have been fixed, not it's just broken in the desktop app..

Thanks!

-RT

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It's a known issue in 1P4 for Mac:

Adding or removing items from folders is currently not possible.

Stephen

• MathSmath
    MathSmath
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. Not a huge deal (I can still make entries and use the basic functionality), but folders only work if I create an entry inside a particular folder to begin with. I can't move entries into or between folders after they've been created.

• ernestlee
    ernestlee
    Community Member
    Options

Is anyone experiencing a problem when they try to shift an information out from one folder to another? It does not work at all.

So this is what I did. I have Folders 1, 2 and 3.

Created Folder 4. Wanted to transfer information from Folder 2 and 3 to Folder 4 but drag and drop did not help. Any idea or is it a bug? Never had this problem with 1Password 3 until 1Password4.

System information - Newly installed OS Mavericks on reformatted Mac with latest 1Password4.

Thanks!

• ernestlee
    ernestlee
    Community Member
    Options

Oopps! So it is a bug.

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16064/known-issues#latest

I hope AgileBits can push through an update to fix this.

• Jean-Marc Rigade
    Jean-Marc Rigade
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 4 is not a beta release, this bug is incredible !!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MathSmath,

I do apologize for the inconvenience here. As @Stephen_C says, adding and removing items from folders is not currently possible. Our tech gurus have managed to squash this bug though, so it should be working properly for you in a future update. :) Thanks for your patience!

• fslucenti
    fslucenti
    Community Member
    Options

How do I move from one folder to another?
    trying to move my CC info into the CC folder from under Logins.
    Drag and drop doesn't work.....

Frank

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ernestlee and Jean-Marc,

You'll be happy to know that our developers have found and squashed this bug. A future update should have folders behaving properly for you. I do apologize for the inconvenience though. I know how nice it is to be able to keep things organized!

• jetwrench
    jetwrench
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Looking forward to the fix..

• flambino
    flambino
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm pretty sure I've stumbled on a bug in 1Password 4. I don't see it mentioned anywhere else.

Setup

I've been using 1Password 3 since 2011 (3.8.20 was the last one), and I upgraded to version 4 a few weeks ago (starting with 4.0.1; currently 4.0.5).
    All of this has been on Mac OS 10.8.5 (haven't upgraded to Mavericks yet)

The issue

The issue I'm seeing is that I can't move items into folders. I have the same folder (mostly plain, non-smart folders) structure I've had since version 3, and everything is there, but now I can't move items into or out of those folders.

I can create new items within an existing folder, and I can create new folders; it's only dragging and dropping items that doesn't work. I've tried dragging from the built-in categories, or from a search, but neither thing works.

Each time I try, the folder list in the sidebar "flickers" a few times like it's redrawing/doing its fold-out animation 2-3 times, but beyond that, nothing happens.

Looking at the log, I see a bunch of these couple of messages:

Sat Nov  9 11:51:27 2013| 405002 [UI:0x7f8c6fbbf710:<OPMainWindowController: 0x7f8c69c88940>] I saveState:andReloadDataWithCompletion: | Selected 441 items: 0.16
    Sat Nov  9 11:51:27 2013| 405002 [DATABASE:0x7f8c6fb23b70:<OPFolder 0x7f8c6f9e27a0: A09A24097BF442F2B3F75606F31AA32B/(35)>] E upgradeSmartFolderPredicateFormat: | Unknown category name in predicate: categoryName != "Software"

What I'm trying to move doesn't have anything to do with the Software category, nor do I have any smart folders that filter for software. And the built-in Software Licenses category works fine. So I'm quite sure what it's complaining about.

Steps to reproduce

1. Try moving something... really, that's all.
  • Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

See known issues:

Adding or removing items from folders is currently not possible.

I have a feeling that is addressed by a Mac App Store version currently awaiting Apple's approval.

Stephen

• flambino
    flambino
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Damn, I spent forever looking for a Known Issues list somewhere (on the site, not the forum) and never found it. Bah

• eber
    eber
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem with Maveriks and 1password 4.0.5.
    I can to create new folders, but can´t move anything to folders.
    It´s a 1password's bug? waiting Apple's approval?
    Whats the solution? I need it.

• Localboy
    Localboy
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem but at least I know I'm not going insane. I'm thinking I need to get the non-MAS store version. Is it possible to transfer the license???

• b2ent01
    b2ent01
    Community Member
    Options

My mac app is doing the same thing. I setup a smart folder for all of the "non filed" into folders logins. But I could not move them out of that smart folder. What I am doing in the time being is using my iPhone app to move those logins into their correct folders.

• eber
    eber
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, anything new? Is essential to can move files to folders.

• rsantella
    rsantella
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. Cannot move anything into folders. Please fix.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @fslucenti.

Which version of 1P4 are you running? If at least 4.0.7 dragging items from one regular folder to another should be moving those items between those folders. Items can't be moved from under categories (e.g. Login) into regular folders.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, folks, I've merged some related topics and retitled this one.

The bug in 4.0.5 with moving items into and between folders has been resolved. The Agile Web Store update with the fix is currently available. The Mac App Store update with the fix has been submitted to Apple and awaiting their approval.

• eber
    eber
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect I try it.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @eber. :)

This discussion has been closed.