Extension issue - dialog appears old extension is still installed when it has been uninstalled

I recently upgraded to 1p4 from 1p3. I uninstalled the older plugin and installed the new one. The new one appears to work fine. However, I get a dialog each session saying: "an old 1password extension is still installed in safari. it is important to uninstall the old version and use the new 1password4 extension instead." when i check, i only see the new one present.

this is a bit annoying to go hunting. any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @guadman,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the extensions since your upgrade. In case you haven't seen this, I'm including a link here on how to uninstall 1Password 3 browser extensions.

If you're still having trouble after following those instructions, we are going to need a bit more information to track this down. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• roblonuk_d
    roblonuk_d
    Community Member

Also seeing this message every time I login after upgrading. Safari extension list only shows new 1Password 4 extension installed.
    Have tried uninstalling extension and also running repair options from the Troubleshooting Utility.
    Email sent to support but no response as yet.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @roblonuk_d,

If you've sent in a Diagnostic Report to support already, we'll follow up there to avoid getting things muddled up between here and there. :) Our team has been a bit busy since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac, but we're all working extra hard to ensure emails get answered as quickly as possible. We really appreciate your patience.

• drbillg
    drbillg
    Community Member

I too have been experiencing this exact problem and have uninstalled and installed the new extension several times. I just sent in the diagnostic report and am hoping for a swift resolution.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drbillg,

We'll do our best to get this sorted out just as soon as possible! As I mentioned above, since you've sent in a Diagnostic Report to support, the team will follow up with you directly via email so that we're not duplicating our efforts.

• pictornyc
    pictornyc
    Community Member

I am also experiencing this exact problem. When will this be resolved? It is quite frustrating. Do we have an ETA for resolution or at least a way to manually remove the V3 extension that actually works?

• pictornyc
    pictornyc
    Community Member

Ok, I just figured this out. Hope this works for you.

Close Safari completely
    Open a Finder window.
    From the Finder menu bar top of your screen click Go > Go to Folder
    Type of copy paste:
    ~/Library/Safari/Extensions
    Click Go
    Delete all 1Password entries in that folder

Restart Safari and now install the 1Password 4 Extension for Safari. Worked like a charm for me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pictornyc,

Thanks so much for sharing your solution here! I'll pass this along to our tech gurus to see if we can track down just why this is happening and see if we can't get a more permanent fix in place. :)

• rowen
    rowen
    Community Member

Same issue here. 1P was complaining that an old 1P extension was installed, but Safari only showed 1P 4.0.1 and ~/Library/Safari/Extensions shows the same thing. Very annoying. I tried the above technique (i.e. reinstalling the extension). We'll see if it does anything. But there's no reason this should be necessary. This bug is clearly not serious, but it's very visible and confusing. Good luck tracking it down.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rowen,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this issue as well. I do hope that reinstalling the extension has done the trick for you! Please let us know if it doesn't.

• rowen
    rowen
    Community Member

Unfortunately it didn't help. Every time I log in I get a warning that Safari still has the 1P3 extension installed. It's very strange.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rowen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• rowen
    rowen
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

Done.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @rowen. I've replied to your email with the report we received.

This discussion has been closed.