Update to 1Password 4 gone bad

Options
ettabetta
ettabetta
Community Member

I am running Snow Leopard. I had 1Password 3.8.21 from the Mac App Store. I tried to update to 1Password 4 via the Mac App Store.I see the red circle with the number 1 in the safari tool bar. So reading online tells me that I have 1password 3 browser extensions installed, which I do. The upgrade FAQ talks about ensuring that the browser extension tool is synced to the main program before starting 1Password 4. So when I fire up the 1 Password 3 program, it asks me if I want to start a new file, or find an existing one. It does not have my passwords like it used to. They still exist in the browser extension though. I read another discussion about restoring browser extension database, but it doesn't seem like I need to do that.

When I open the browser toolbar utility I have the big red ! which takes me to a trouble shooting page. That tells me that the 1 Password helper is not installed. I see in /Applications that I have both 1Password.app which is the 3.8.21 version. And I also have a 1Password folder which contains the 1Password.app version 4.0.5. I need to know how to get the extension passwords synced to the application, so that they can get migrated to 1Password4. Any help is appreciated. I'm comfortable with the Unix terminal if that helps. Thanks.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I think you have a significant problem because the minimum requirement for 1P4 is OS X 10.8. See the top of this page in the knowledge base.

Stephen

• ettabetta
    ettabetta
    Community Member
    Options

My bad. I have this problem on Mountain Lion. Different computer has snow leopard.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ettabetta,

First, I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I think the easiest way to get this sorted out is to see a Diagnostics Report from your computer. It will tell us all about where your information is currently stored. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

MAC, 1Password 3:
    If you are using OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or OS X 10.7 Lion: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

If you are using OS X 10.9 Mavericks or OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.