khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • RogerC
    RogerC
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am having the same problem with my Toshiba Satellite Pro W7/64. It has an Intel HD3000 graphic driver Version : 8.15.10.2752 running at 1366x768 and Windows says that there is no driver update available. However it is only within the program and the secure notes area which does not point to a generic/overall driver issue but something within the software. Has any further research been done on your side to resolve this? Thanks Roger.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @RogerC. I'm sorry you're having that problem.

As you can see, it's not one that comes up often (looks like yours is the third case?) and I've not been able to reproduce it. I expect that's why we haven't been able to figure out what's going wrong. As you can imagine, we just don't have access to every kind of PC with every kind of graphics card and every kind of monitor.

I take it the problem is on the built-in screen, not an external monitor—is that correct?

• RogerC
    RogerC
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. @DBrown. Yes its a new laptop. I can get this to reproduce and have worked out (I think) that it is just one of the secure notes. I created a new note and pasted the contents of the other one into it - the problem followed to the new one so it must be something in that note. How do i get the size/properties of a note? Unfortunately the contents of the offending note are sensitive so I cannot submit them. I will create several notes in the near future and see if I get the problem arising in any others. If so I will revert with findings.

• RogerC
    RogerC
    Community Member
    Options

BTW is there a way the forum can email an alert when a reply/post for me is submitted to save me having to physically check back all the time?

• RogerC
    RogerC
    Community Member
    Options

I am posting this info here for your future trouble shooting as I have narrowed it down as follows: The problem only occurs in VIEW mode - if opened in EDIT it is fine. It is a SPECIFIC secure note - something in the content. I removed text bit by bit until the problem stopped however if I put the offending section of text into a new note it does not black the screen. I will continue to play for a while and post any discoveries but in my case the summary is that it is only the one note, something within it, only in view mode and maybe a combination of text plus size.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

That's very helpful, @RogerC—thank you for that information! Needless to say, it would be great if you could pin it down to a single character or a specific sequence of characters. (If they're sensitive, you could send them to support@agilebits.com, rather than post them here.)

The only notices I receive from the forum are letting me know when someone has sent me a private message through the forum. The forum software does have a "notifications" area where I can see when someone mentions me by name, as you did above, but you have to log in to the forum to see that you have such notifications. If there's a way to convert that to an e-mail message, I'm not familiar with it.

This discussion has been closed.