Chrome on Mavericks "Connecting 1, 2, 3, ..., 45, 46, ..."

Options

I've reinstalled the latest Chrome extension several times, and I still can't connect. 1p 3.8.21, Chrome extension 3.9.19.90, Chrome 31.0.1650.57, OS X 10.9.

Comments

• funpassword
    funpassword
    Community Member
    Options

Could I have some help with this please? Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @funpassword,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Do you have any firewalls installed on your system? 1Password needs to be able to communicate between the main app and the extension. Firewalls and proxies can cause difficulty - read more about that here: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/proxy.html

• funpassword
    funpassword
    Community Member
    Options

No problem, thanks for the reply. I do not have any firewalls or proxies installed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @funpassword,

Let's try reinstalling the 1Password browser extension for Chrome.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Chrome.
    • Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and hit return.
    • Click the trash can next to the 1Password extension and remove it.
    • Restart Chrome and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html.
    • Click Download next to Chrome and confirm the installation.

Let me know how that works!

• funpassword
    funpassword
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, but still no luck. Still says "Connecting..." and keeps counting indefinitely.

• funpassword
    funpassword
    Community Member
    Options

What ports does 1P use, so I can check if they are occupied?

• Kent McPherson
    Kent McPherson
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. I'm just thinking of switching to Chrome from Safari but can't if the Chrome 1Password extension doesn't work.

• Kent McPherson
    Kent McPherson
    Community Member
    Options

I also have a red exclamation point on my key icon in the Chrome browser bar if that helps. When I first installed it, it said I had an older version that needed to be deleted but I didn't. Not sure what is going on. I've deleted it a couple times and reinstalled. Still no luck.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @funpassword,

The Configuring Proxy Settings I linked to above should provide you with the information that you need regarding ports :)

Hi Kent,

I just want to confirm: Are you currently using 1Password 3 or 1Password 4?

If you are using 1Password 4, you'll want to be sure that you uninstall the version 3 extension and install a shiny new version 4 model. We have a support article on how to Uninstall 1Password 3 browser extensions that should help you with this. You can get the shiny new 1Password 4 extensions here.

• funpassword
    funpassword
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, here are all the version I am using: 1Password 3.8.21, Chrome extension 3.9.19.90, Chrome 31.0.1650.57, OS X 10.9.

• funpassword
    funpassword
    Community Member
    Options

That article you linked actually doesn't mention anything about what ports 1Password communicates on, but this page does: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/helper-not-connected.html

• funpassword
    funpassword
    Community Member
    Options

What's the latest version of 1Password 3?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @funpassword,

You are using the most recent version of 1Password 3. I'm glad you were able to find the information that you needed - my apologies for not linking to that additional article :)

• funpassword
    funpassword
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @megan , although I did find that port information, it didn't help. None of those ports seem to be in use in my system and I am still not able to use 1Password in Chrome. I can't even try in Safari -- every time I open 1Password it asks me if I want to install the Safari extension, and I say yes, but it never seems to install.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @funpassword,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• funpassword
    funpassword
    Community Member
    Options

Report sent, thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @funpassword,

Thanks so much for sending in the Report! We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

• funpassword
    funpassword
    Community Member
    Options

Deleting the app, reinstalling, repairing permissions and restarting the helper worked. Thanks so much!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your followup here and in email, @funpassword. So glad it's working again!

I'll close this topic now since your issue's resolved.

This discussion has been closed.