1Password refusing the autofill in Safari

Options
Xoan2007
Xoan2007
Community Member

For some reason, 1Password, while properly identifying pages on Safari (they show up on the drop down menu within Safari's task bar), is refusing to fill in the login information.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the Safari extension and I have restarted the Mini 1Password menu item. This problem just started today, no other obvious extensions that got installed recently that could conflict. Any ideas?

Comments

• Xoan2007
    Xoan2007
    Community Member
    Options

I will note that 1Password is working fine within Chrome, so this doesn't appear to be a 1Password app/database issue.

I am using 1Password 4.0.9 app and 4.0.1 safari extension.

• Xoan2007
    Xoan2007
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, one additional tidbit, I am running OSX 10.9 with Safari Version 7.0 (9537.71).

• DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    Options

Just a guess, but in 1Password > Preferences > Browser, have you tried unchecking "Animate form filling"?

David

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Xoan2007,

Please let me know if @DavidB's suggestion of disabling 'Animate form filling' worked for you! We've seen several instances of Safari being difficult lately, and any information you could provide would be helpful in tracking this down. :)

• dschmidt
    dschmidt
    Community Member
    Options

Had a same/similar issue here, ended up disabling the "Animate form filling" and now it seems to work much better. What does that preference mean? unchecking it to allow fields to fill seems almost counterintuitive.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @dschmidt.

Here are a couple video clips with Animate form filling disabled and enabled during form filling:

I hope that demonstrated the difference clearly enough. :)

This discussion has been closed.