can I have two separate 1Password files on an iPad

Options
lucybird
lucybird
Community Member

My husband handed down his iPad2 to me with his 1Password app and data on it. I would like to have my own 1Password data on it, but it would b handy for us to have his as well. Could I download the new version 4 and put my data in that and leave his in version 3? Or could we just use one version and sync all our passwords together in it?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lucybird,

Congratulations on the new-to-you iPad!

In order to give you the best advice here, I'd like to know a bit more about your 1Password ecosystem. The tricky thing with 1Password 3 for iOS is that it is no longer able to sync via Dropbox due to recent changes in Dropbox's API, so if your husband changes an entry in 1Password 3 for iOS on his device, it will not update on yours unless you sync all devices using Wi-Fi sync with 1Password 3 for Mac.

So, your best bet might be to move to 1Password 4 for iOS. 1Password 4 for iOS is built to make use of Dropbox's latest and greatest sync technology. There's tons of great new features ... plus it just so happens that it is on sale this weekend! You can check it out here: http://j.mp/1PasCS. 1Password 4 for iOS will allow you to organize your database into folders, so that you can keep your data separate from your husband's, if you so choose.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.