Kudos for the beta!

MacLifeGR
MacLifeGR
Community Member

I just wanna say how awesome it feels to see that the development of our favorite app is getting on beta stage and one step closer to release. Coming from Mac and iOS to android devices, 1password was definitely the one app i missed the most. I hope we will be able to try beta version soon and give you guys some feedback. Kudos!

Comments

• luisghm
    luisghm
    Community Member

I second that. Having the Mac and ios version, I was looking forward to use it on my Android devices. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. :)>-

• farcaster
    farcaster
    Community Member

I have the Mac and Windows versions, and my Android devices are a Nexus 7 (2012) and the Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm chomping at the bit for the full fledged 1P on these two devices. Thanks for the invitation, and I registered right away. Bring it on - can't wait! Oh - and Thanks!

• drabh
    drabh
    Community Member

Eagerly waiting for a android version. I have 1password on Mac at home, on my work PC and on my iPad. Would love to beta test the android app.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for all your kind words and support, folks! In case you missed the 1Password 4 for Android beta testing blog post, you can sign up to test here:

Beta Newsletter for Android Signup

We are really excited about this, and would love for you to be the first to know when we have more to announce! :D

• musolch
    musolch
    Community Member

I had 1Password on my Mac and the current android version on my HTC One, but wasn't thrilled with the read only limitations for Android. So much so that I was looking for alternatives. One post on twitter and I got an immediate response about the beta. Immediately signed up and looking forward to the updates.

• FX_Botta1
    FX_Botta1
    Community Member

I am really excited too by the android version :) Just switched from an iphone to a LG G2 android device and I really miss the 1Password app so much :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @musolch and @FX_Botta1,

We can't wait to show off all our hard work - it's so great to see users are excited too :)

• Polkaroo
    Polkaroo
    Community Member

Phew! I had given up hope for 1Password on Android and as recently as two days ago I was testing less functional alternatives like Strip.

One feature that I would like is Google Drive syncing. I've moved away from Dropbox and would prefer my OS X and Android instances of 1Password to sync using Drive. Other than that, as long as I can create, save, copy, and sync strong passwords on Android, I'll be happy.

FYI, I use Nexus 4/5/7.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Polkaroo,

Thanks so much for adding your feedback here! I'd just like to comment a bit on Google Drive as a sync solution.

We certainly aren't opposed to other services if they are the right fit. Our relationship with Dropbox doesn't affect our adoption of other sync engines. Dropbox, however, has been willing to work with us to make their service a very good fit for our data format. We're open to working with folks at Microsoft and Google and others.

It comes down to platform support. Because 1Password is available on so many platforms, for a sync solution to be viable for us it has to be available across a wide variety of platforms. We have Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and Windows Phone apps ... we will need to look into whether Google Drive can support all (or at the very least, most) of these. :)

• Polkaroo
    Polkaroo
    Community Member

Hi @Megan.

Drive supports everything on your list except Windows Phone. I'm not sure what is non-standard about 1Password's files and why you would need to get help from Google to make it work, but I'm glad you are open to it. I know that Apple's iSync/iDisk was a disaster and you dropped support for using it. But it was a disaster for everyone's files, not just 1Password's. Apple was the one who needed the help on that one. :)

For individuals or small businesses who are using Google's cloud tools or have organizational Drive storage via Google Apps, the ability to avoid additional services/credentials/costs is a bigger feature than you might imagine.

Drive cross-platform code examples are at https://developers.google.com/drive/

• CootjeNL
    CootjeNL
    Community Member

Hi all,

Definitely kudos for the beta! I signed up and hope that I can test the beta.
    Will the new version still be a read only app or will it even integrate into the native browser and maybe even the Chrome browser? Just curious ;-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Polkaroo,

We have been seeing a lot of requests for Google Drive lately, so it is definitely being considered.

Hi @CootjeNL,

Thanks for the kudos! I have good news: this will most definitely be a fully-functioning app- the days of read-only passwords on Android are limited.

Browser integration on mobile platforms is unfortunately not as simple as it is in the desktop versions, but we are certainly looking at solutions to make your mobile browsing experience as efficient and automatic as possible! You'll just have to wait for the beta to find out how ;)

• dewey
    dewey
    Community Member

the days of read-only passwords on Android are limited.

Music to my ears :)
    Just joined the party as well! Along with most other folks, have had the Mac and iOS for quite some time and had the privilege to be on the Mac beta as well. Looking forward to 1P4 for Android!

• Lawrence
    Lawrence
    Community Member

Oh my gosh! I too was an avid user (cheerleader) for 1Password when I was using the OS X/iOS tandem. Now I'm a Windows/Android user and was "meh..." with both the Windows app and the Android 1Password Reader. I am sooooooo very excited about a full on Android version though! I've signed up for the mailing list! Here's hoping I can help out with the Beta testing!

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member

Hey @Lawrence, I hope you saw that when you signed up for the Android beta that you have an option to check a box for interest in the Windows beta as well... (hint hint) :)

• dmacx
    dmacx
    Community Member

I can't wait for beta, since I tested Mac beta and the one for iOS (before I switched to Android). Thank you so much to provide us with 1password for Android. We can forget the old one.

• Michael_D
    Michael_D
    Community Member

I look forward to getting beta's for both Windows Desktop and Android. I have a Windows 8.1 64bit HP Laptop and a Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.3 anxiously waiting to get rolling.

• Darell
    Darell
    Community Member

I'm quite excited to see the Android beta version. Cheers.

• AdieB
    AdieB
    Community Member

Was just thinking on my way home as I was using the Android Reader how it would be nice to see an update. Great news :)

• drady
    drady
    Community Member

Looking forward to full functionality on my Galaxy S4.
    Full functionality on all four platforms!
    No more having to drag out one of the others.

• nasaby
    nasaby
    Community Member

Will we be able to use the trial version of 1Password 4 (I assume there is a trial version!) with the Beta, at least in the first couple of days/weeks? My Lastpass sub finished in September but I decided not to renew since I knew that a new Android 1Password was around the corner. If the Android app does what I need it to do, I'll be buying the full Mac version (and the Android version!). I can't wait. I love 1Password, but had to give it up when I decided to use Android. I'm now just days away from my third Android phone, a Galaxy S4....

• Mistr_Nic
    Mistr_Nic
    Community Member

Can't wait for some "write" action from my Note 3!

• tsanders3
    tsanders3
    Community Member

Just got the Nexus 7 with KitKat and I am ready to go. Many Thanks!

• The_Adventist
    The_Adventist
    Community Member

I'm new to 1password as it was recommended to me by an Apple user.

I have both a Nexus 4 and BlackBerry Z10. I know the beta will run on the Nexus but I am really keen to see if it runs on the Z10 since BlackBerry 10 devices run os 10.2.1.1055 can run APK' s.

I'll definitely be reporting back on the beta on BlackBerry.

• camme
    camme
    Community Member

Great news!

I switched from Iphone to a Nexus 4 a year ago and this is the only app that I really miss.

• mmahon
    mmahon
    Community Member

• Anil
    Anil
    Community Member

Hi, is there a possibility the Beta will be released this year? Thanks.

• @nasaby You're more than welcome to use the trial version of 1Password 4 on your Mac. I also want to mention 1Password 4 for Mac includes an import tool that can import all of your data from LastPass with a couple of clicks! ;)

@anil Definitely! Keep an eye out! :)

• dewey
    dewey
    Community Member

Music to my ears that you guys are working on 1P for Android. Using 1P on Mac, Windows, and iOS - I would love to stop digging through the 1P reader on my Nexus 5 :). Can't wait to join in on the beta!

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member

@adventure5566 Make sure you're signed up for the newsletter, that's where we're starting with beta invites. We can't wait for you to join us! :)

This discussion has been closed.