Too much backup !

Options
jean40
jean40
Community Member

How can I limit the number of saved on my hard drive backup ? Since the last release, they accumulate and occupy too much disk space.It would suffice to keep only one backup, the last.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jean40,

Unfortunately, at this point there is no way to limit backups automatically. Based on the number of times I have helped users restore from backups, we highly recommend keeping these around.

If you are set on keeping only one, you can manually delete the others. Our developers are looking at a way to make this a bit more customizable in the future though :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

My backup folder is only 141 MB. Not much on today's hard drives. I'm with @Megan on this - for that small amount of space, I'm glad to have the insurance. (I realize that my database might be small compared to those of other users.)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

And my 1P4 backup folder is currently a third the size of yours, @hawkmoth. It'll grow a bit as the number of backups of newer secondary vaults with more items increases. The few attachments I have are relatively small. For someone attaching a lot of larger items that increases 1P4 backup sizes I'd suggest considering Knox for storing those files instead of 1P4. :)

This discussion has been closed.