What license should I buy for a Windows Desktop and a Windows Laptop

I have bought 1Password for Mac, iPhone and iPad and they are currently in use on those machines. I'm wanting to add it to a Windows desktop and a Windows laptop. What should I buy? A single user license? A family license? Some kind of bundle?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

A single user license for Windows should do. When you're ready to order, then please enter your 1Password for Mac license key here: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade (so that we can offer you a discount on the Windows version). Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

As @svondutch says, a single-user license will allow you to install 1Password for Windows on as many PCs as you like, as long as you'll be the only one using 1Password on those machines.

Note that you'll need to switch to Dropbox sync'ing to include your PCs in the synchronization mix. You can use the free "trial" period to get that set up and working with your own data, before you even have to acquire a license.

Thanks for your interest in 1Password for Windows, @GreenGMC!

• GreenGMC
    GreenGMC
    Community Member

Thank you for your help. I thought that was the answer, but I'm glad to hear it officially and appreciate the quick response.

I've downloaded 1Password on my laptop. It of course doesn't recognize my license key, which I assume is my Apple ID email since I first bought 1Password for iPhone and then for Mac through the App Store. In the store on the AgileBits website I've entered my Apple ID email into the "upgrading for existing licenses" page, but it doesn't recognize it either. I put in my email address, same as above, for resending my license and it says no valid licenses were found. It says:
    "Oops! We could not locate an upgradable license using the license code (Apple ID email I entered). Please check the license code and try again. If you're having trouble with a license that you think should be upgradable, please contact us."

I promise I'm not trying to be difficult. Your customer service is only making me more pleased I'm using 1Password.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Did you purchase the 1Password for Mac license in our online store?

If you did, we'd have automatically sent you an e-mail message with your new 1Password for Mac license key. That's what you need to enter when you go back to our online store to buy a 1Password for Windows license, so that the store can offer you the appropriate discount.

Once your 1Password for Windows order is processed, we'll automatically send you an e-mail message with your new 1Password for Windows license key. That's what you need to enter in the registration window in 1Password for Windows.

I hope that helps, @GreenGMC. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• GreenGMC
    GreenGMC
    Community Member

I purchased 1Password through the Mac App Store. So what do I do now?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Contact us by e-mail at support@agilebits.com, and attach a copy of your App Store receipt. Someone will be able to help you. :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

In the store on the AgileBits website I've entered my Apple ID email into the "upgrading for existing licenses" page, but it doesn't recognize it either.

Please DO NOT enter your Apple ID into our store. Please enter your 1Password for Mac license key. Then we can offer you a nice discount on 1Password for Windows.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@GreenGMC, please contact us by e-mail at support@agilebits.com, and attach a copy of your App Store receipt.

• GreenGMC
    GreenGMC
    Community Member

Thanks. I've forwarded it to the support email.

This discussion has been closed.