Help on setup

DaveK
DaveK
Community Member

I have just upgraded from 1Password v3 and have had trouble following the instructions to install 1Password 4. I use Firefox 25.0.1 . At this point, I can open 1Password 4 (1P4) ; Firefox lists the 1P4 add on (only); Firefox shows a 1P icon in the upper right for use but the data vault is empty (null). I have a 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox from 1Password 3. When I open 1P4 all I get is the welcome page.
How do I get my data into a 1P4 vault? Does it appear that 1P4 is actually installed?
Please advise asap. Thank you. DaveK

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @DaveK.

I'm sorry you're off to a bit of a rough start with the 1Password 4 upgrade. It sounds like it might just need a nudge to finish the setup.

Does the welcome page you're seeing have the Awesome! Let's Get Started button in the bottom right corner? Or does it look like the one in the image under Existing Users here?

Setting Up 1Password 4 for Mac

If the first, after clicking the button you should reach either that second screen. Then you should be able to continue from there and configure 1P4 using your current 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox. And you can skip the Install the Browser Extensions if you've already done that. If may still be necessary to uninstall the 1P3 extension, as documented here:

Uninstall 1Password 3 browser extensions

Hopefully that helps you get 1P4 running okay.

If you're still stuck and want to get this sorted out through email please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.