lost PW for ipad 1pw, trying to synch with 1pw on my Mac

sobertruth
sobertruth
Community Member

I am currently using 1password 3.8.21 on my Macbook Air. It is working fine. I have installed ios 1password 4.3.2 on my ipad. I installed it a long time ago and have forgotten the master password.

I have 1pw on my Macbook Air synced to Dropbox. Whenever I try to open 1password on my ipad it says I am using the wrong password. It also shows that it is syncing to icloud. I have deleted it and reinstalled to no avail.

Since I no longer know the pw for my ipad, how do I reset 1Pw on my iPad without know the password it so that it will sync to dropbox and let me use the same master pw as on my macbook air.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sobertruth,

If your data is stored in Dropbox, let's try reinstalling 1Password 4 for iOS again, with an extra step:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html
    • Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox

Let me know how that works for you!

• sobertruth
    sobertruth
    Community Member

Worked perfectly! Thank you. Your response time was amazing!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sobertruth,

Thanks for letting us know you're all sorted out - I'm so glad I could help!

This discussion has been closed.