Firefox extension not recognizing new master password

Options

I recently changed my master password in 1P3. Now, when trying to use this new password with the Firefox browser extension, I get a prompt telling me to input the old password. When I do, the extension says the password is incorrect. This is frustrating because that old password has successfully unlocked 1P since I purchased the app. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the extension to no avail. When I experienced this same issue on my work laptop a while back, I dimly recall a fix involving the removal of some obscure (to me) file, but alas I cannot recall which file. Can someone refresh my memory? Thanks!

BTW, I'm using Firefox 25 if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nicefellow,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Firefox extension. I think you're on the right track with reinstalling, however, there is an obscure file that you need to delete to ensure it's a fresh install. Other browsers handle the removal of the SQLite file automatically when you remove the extension, but you will need to do this manually for Firefox:

1. In Firefox, select Tools > Add-ons from the menu bar.
    2. Click the Remove button to remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Quit Firefox.
    4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
    5. Copy and paste the following path and press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

6. Move the OnePassword.sqlite file you see there to the desktop.

Then reinstall the 1Password extension in Firefox:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

Please let me know how this works!

• Nicefellow
    Nicefellow
    Community Member
    Options

Success! Removing that file did the trick. Many thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nicefellow,

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear :) I'm so glad you're all sorted out! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.