how do you do the initial Ipad setup with a dropbox?

JamesX
JamesX
Community Member
I am using dropbox with iphone and mac , I just downloaded the ipad version and my only option seems to be to set up a new database or use wifi sync but my wifi sync is disabled because I am using dropbox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• macpug
    macpug
    Community Member
    JamesX wrote:

I am using dropbox with iphone and mac , I just downloaded the ipad version and my only option seems to be to set up a new database or use wifi sync but my wifi sync is disabled because I am using dropbox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi JamesX, welcome to the forums!! We have put together a brief tutorial that explains how to set up Automatic Syncing using Dropbox. Please have a look at it and let us know if you have any questions. Here's the link: Setting Up Dropbox Syncing
  • JamesX
    JamesX
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    macpug wrote:

Hi JamesX, welcome to the forums!! We have put together a brief tutorial that explains how to set up Automatic Syncing using Dropbox. Please have a look at it and let us know if you have any questions. Here's the link: Setting Up Dropbox Syncing

Thanks for the reply macpug, all good!!
  • macpug
    macpug
    Community Member
    JamesX wrote:

Thanks for the reply macpug, all good!!

Super, thanks for letting us know. Cheers! :)
  • macpug wrote:

I don't have access to my computer for a couple of months, and haven't yet set up syncing on it. I'd still like to sync my iPad over to DB and eventually get my 1Pwd database over to my iPhone...do I have a chance of success?
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited August 2010

I don't have access to my computer for a couple of months, and haven't yet set up syncing on it. I'd still like to sync my iPad over to DB and eventually get my 1Pwd database over to my iPhone...do I have a chance of success?

You would need access to a computer as 1p creates the necessary stuff inside of dropbox. You could use a trusted friends, especially on a mac. Login to the guest account setup dropbox then run 1p and have it do all the grunt work. When you log out of that guest account all of your stuff is deleted by the os. This shouldnt affect any of the files you created etc Then follow the tutorial that is ref above. For security reasons I definatly would not try this on a public computer just to be on the safe side. I have not tried this my self but remember all of the stuff in your dropbox would get synced to that mac
    So it could take a while depending on your setup. Also if you try this remember to login to the control panel and remove the mac from auth machines after you finish the setup. As alway make sure you have a backup of your data in case something goes wrong. I am not sure exactly how the ipad works but it should be similar to the phone and allow you to create a backup. Again youll need a computer for this. But you wouldnt want to loose all your passwords etc. So err on the side of safety.
This discussion has been closed.