Repeated prompts to re-enter license key with Dropbox sync

We're using 1Password at a small company to manage passwords across several computers. We have two family licenses, and the idea was to sync with Dropbox across these. It was working great for about two months, but then all of a sudden, I started getting prompted to enter my license. Even when I enter the license key in the same session, it still doesn't accept the program as registered, and won't allow me to add additional items.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @StepStoneGroup,

I've found some licenses in our back office records by searching the email address you used for the forums, and I've re-sent your licensing information to the email address associated with your 1Password account. Please make sure that you are using the correct keys - it should be working :)

• StepStoneGroup
    StepStoneGroup
    Community Member

No, it's definitely the right code, because it accepts the code fine. (I tested an erroneous code, which it does not accept.) But the licenses window does not show a license is entered (or should it?) -- and more importantly, when I close it, it does not behave as registered.

Should the license window look immediately different after a license is entered? Is there any way to like clear a license cache in the 1password DB and start fresh? Or any other suggestions?

• StepStoneGroup
    StepStoneGroup
    Community Member

I've also tried copying my .agilekeychain out of Dropbox and referencing that. I tried turning off caching and rebuilding my data file. Still doesn't seem to accept a license as saved.

• StepStoneGroup
    StepStoneGroup
    Community Member

Is the license associated with the .agilekeychain file, or is it associated with the machine?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @StepStoneGroup,

I'm so sorry that this is giving you trouble here! The license should be associated with the machine, not your keychain file. Could you please take a screenshot of what you're seeing when you try to enter the license? There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/ You can then save the image to a service like Dropbox or Droplr and then include a link in your response.

• Jeffg53
    Jeffg53
    Community Member

I started getting the same message today. I am using 1Password 3 with 10.7.5 on this machine. I enter the password, it accepts it but just comes back with the same message when I make a change.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jeffg53,

I'll admit, you have me slightly baffled. Could you please grab a screenshot of this message and add a link to that here?

• Jeffg53
    Jeffg53
    Community Member

Thanks Megan. Support have issued me a new licence code and I'm fixed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jeffg53,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out!

This discussion has been closed.