Must Restart Helper after every reboot

Options

Whenever I reboot my computer or log on, I have to go into the 1Password app and click on Restart Helper under Help. This is a pretty big inconvenience. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? I have the newest 1password app and the newest Chrome extension.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Are you running a firewall or anti-virus "solution" maybe?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If so, @True_Blue, please have a look at the “Configuring problematic antivirus/malware software” article in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site.
    http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/antivirus-configuration.html

It contains tips that may prove useful to you.

Please let us know whether that helps, and thanks!

• True_Blue
    True_Blue
    Community Member
    Options

I am not running any anti-virus programs, and I even turned off Windows Firewall, to no avail. This was a clean install of Windows 7 I had just finished on this machine. I installed an older 1password and updated, then in Chrome I installed the newest 1password extension. The red exclamation mark showed in the extension, so I went into the 1password application and clicked Restart Helper, which fixed the problem. But everytime I reboot, I have to do the same thing.

I have reinstalled 1password about 5-6 times and nothing has fixed the problem. I guess I could try to reinstall Chrome, but I'm highly doubtful that would fix the problem. When I open Firefox, I do not see any red exclamation mark, but when I input my master password, it keeps trying to connect. So it looks like there's some problem with any of the extensions actively seeing that the 1password application is running.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the follow-up, @True_Blue. I'll ask Development to look into this.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

I'm guessing the 1Password agent/helper does not auto-start when you boot into your PC :(

Do you have this registry key? If not, then you might want to create it (in an ideal world, our installer is supposed to do this):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Name: Agile1pAgent

Value: C:\Program Files\1Password\Agile1pAgent.exe

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@True_Blue, please let us know what you find out and how it goes, if you need to create the registry key.

This discussion has been closed.