Feature Request for allowing different shipping and billing addresses

Kumoi
Kumoi
Community Member

Have to decide which address to use because separate shipping and billing addresses do not appear to be compatible within a single form document. Is there a way to allow two addresses to coexist?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure that I completely understand your question, Kumoi. You can create different Identities and use them to fill addresses in your browser. Are you using 1Password for Mac or Windows? Which browser? I'd love to provide some more details if you need them if you can provide me some. :)

Thanks!

• the6step
    the6step
    Community Member

Simple khad:

I'd say 100% of my purchases I get delivered to my place of employment, which is different from my billing address.

When I make an online purchase, most of the time it does require entering in both the shipping address (for shipping purposes) and the billing address (for debit / credit card / verification purposes). I don't know if 1password readily supports this now (should it really be a 2nd identity? How would 1password even know to to enter in the correct information in the relevant fields?), but I feel like it should.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'd say 100% of my purchases I get delivered to my place of employment, which is different from my billing address.

Same here.

The idea with Identity items is that you can create as many as you want. Create one for your billing address, your home address, and any other addresses you ship to or need to fill for any reason.

I fill the Credit Card item I want to use to make the purchase, then I fill the address(es) as required by the specific site using the Identity item(s) I've created.

How would 1password even know to to enter in the correct information in the relevant fields?

Good question. I'd love to have you elaborate on that. If the form field names on the page are identical for both billing and shipping I'm not sure how 1Password would programmatically determine which is which. I'll mention it to the developers, though. They always amaze me with their solutions to different problems. :)

• the6step
    the6step
    Community Member

Ok, I'll elaborate.

I don't use the identify feature for remembering my data. Don't care about that. The main usefulness of the Identity feature, is to be able to quickly enter in my personal information. Why type out my street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number... when I can just click on the identity button and have it fill in all my personal information.

That being said, you often have the case when you have 2 sets of forms on one page... one form is for a billing address, and one is for a shipping address. Given I already know the information (I'm not using 1Password for remembering purposes), how is 1password going to help me fill out that data? Currently, I have to just fill all this in by hand...

As far as a solution (getting more technical here), 1password could be like "Which form is for home / work" and then I click on one of them and it resolved that issue that way... it would ask that if it saw more than 2 forms with similar address inputs.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I've already mentioned this to the developers, but I'll pass your additional feedback along to them as well. I'm not one of the developers, so I don't know the feasibility of what you are describing. For now, you can use an Identity item to automatically fill in your address information. If there is more than one form on the page with identical form fields it would be very tricky (if not impossible) to determine which one you want filled in without any input from you, so your idea to get that input is certainly a suggestion in the right direction. We'll see what the future holds! :)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.