Missing passwords - different browsers - same Mac

I changed my default browser recently from Safari to Chrome. Today when I opened 1Password to grab login credentials, they weren't there for three of the sites I was using. When I opened 1Password via Safari those logins were there. It's been a long time since I set up 1Password so this might be obvious but shouldn't the browsers be showing identical info? I did the synch via Dropbox but is Chrome not hooked to that but instead a local (and outdated) copy of 1Password? Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Antproof,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your password database right now. Because of the way the extension was set up in 1Password 3, items are saved to the extension first and then synced to the main app. If the Helper process isn't working correctly, items can end up saved only in the extension database. The good news is though, that we can fix this!

In Safari, visit this link:

https://agilebits.com/extension/test/export_data

Then enter your Master Password, select Export Unsynced Items, and then click Export.

Copy the resulting text, open TextEdit on your Mac and paste. Then click the Format menu and select Make Plain Text. Then save the file to your desktop in case we need it.

Please let me know how this works. :)

This discussion has been closed.