Multiple users, single Apple ID

al252051
al252051
Community Member
edited December 2013 in iOS

Alright, so I just threw caution to the wind and bought a family license for Mac's 1Password as well as the iOS version for my iDevices. Here's my problem: my wife and I share the same Apple ID for apps, music, etc. and it seems like 1Password keys off of the Apple ID in the device as the user 1Password (my assumption comes from the fact that I'm doing the syncing using iCloud and that is the apple ID is the only common factor there between my mac and my iPhone). Question 1. How will my wife use her separate license on her Mac? 2. How will she use her separate syncing from her Mac to her iDevices since we share the Apple ID?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @al252051,

Thanks so much for supporting 1Password - we're glad to have you here!

1. How will my wife use her separate license on her Mac?

If you have already installed 1Password on your wife's computer and it automatically detected your database in iCloud, we'll need to start fresh to get her set up with her very own vault. Please follow the guide here to Start Over When you're going through the Set Up process, please pay special attention to the "I'm new to 1Password"/"I've used 1Password before" screen and be sure to set up your wife as a new user.

If you are having trouble getting 1Password installed on her machine, please let me know!

1. How will she use her separate syncing from her Mac to her iDevices since we share the Apple ID?

At this point only 1 datafile can be synced via iCloud. Since you are sharing an iCloud account, you have two options to keep separate databases in sync.

• Create a second iCloud account for the second database
    • Consider using Dropbox or Wi-Fi to keep one of the databases in sync

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.