Unlock screen tweaks

Zev Eisenberg
Zev Eisenberg
Community Member

Here are a couple of things that I think would improve the master password screen. No doubt many of these are on your radar, but I wanted to get them down in writing. I'm using a Nexus 7 and Nexus 4, both running 4.4.2.

• The text field should be left aligned at all times, like the iOS app. It's weird to have the insertion point move when you start typing.
  • The unlock graphics (which, I just realized, resemble a sideways keyhole - nice) should slide down to be centered if the keyboard is dismissed (possibly only applicable on tablets).
  • Partially reproducible: a couple of times, when I unlocked and the lock screen slid down, I could see my device wallpaper behind it during the animation. After the animation, the main 1Password UI appeared suddenly. I managed to reproduce it a couple of times, but never while recording the screen. I'll post again if I can get it to be more reliable.

Comments

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member

Hi @Zev,

I see you posted this on Dec 20, and we released a new beta on Dec 20th. Can you tell me if you're still seeing these? I'm not sure what all got touched in the new update, so I am not sure if any of this would help you out. Please let me know if you see them in 4.0.0b6.

• Zev Eisenberg
    Zev Eisenberg
    Community Member

Unfortunately, I don't remember which beta I was running, although I checked to make sure I had the latest at the time I posted this. My only android devices are at work, and I'm off for a week, so I'll check when I get back. Sorry I can't look at it sooner!

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member

Hi @Zev,

I can't believe you'd leave your devices at work for an entire week. What are you going to do for a whole week if you aren't beta testing 1Password? :)

Have a very Merry Christmas and we'll catch up when you're back to work!

• Zev Eisenberg
    Zev Eisenberg
    Community Member

Haha, I'm an iPhone user at heart. Android devices are for design reference only.

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member

Well in that case it doesn't seem so odd. ;)

• Zev Eisenberg
    Zev Eisenberg
    Community Member

I'm back, and I am still seeing all of the issues I reported on my 4.4.2 Nexus 7 with 4.0.0b7 (Build 20131229).

• Hi Zev! Thanks for confirming these are still present in the latest build. I will be passing on these details to our developers to review. Thanks again for your suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.