Is 1Password 4 For Mac Compatible With OS X Mavericks?

Options
jmdavis5633
jmdavis5633
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

Thinking of doing the upgrade.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I have been running the beta of Mavericks for months and also been using 1Password. So yes its doable and more correctly I have been running the 1Password for a few weeks with the GM of Mavericks with no issues.

• javabean161
    javabean161
    Community Member
    Options

Caution - I upgraded to Mavericks today and now 1Password 4 (application and Safari Extension) will NOT autofill any userid or password fields.

• JohnAtl
    JohnAtl
    Community Member
    Options

For me it works as well on Mavericks as it did on Mountain Lion.
    I just bought 1P4 today and it's a bit flaky in filling in login info, but mostly works. Doesn't seem like it's worth $40+$17 for the Mac and iOS versions though.

One thing I do not like about Mavericks' iCloud Keychain is that it indiscriminately fills the username and password fields when you go to a website, whereas with 1P4, you at least have to enter the master PW for that to happen. So, say, if I were collaborating with someone, left my computer with them and went to the restroom, they could click Top Sites, select my credit card site, and login. Whereas, with 1P4 that wouldn't happen if I hadn't unlocked it. iCloud Keychain seems like more of a risk than using the clipboard to copy around passwords in 1P4.

• nutjob4life
    nutjob4life
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting the same behavior as javabean161 after upgrading to Mavericks: no more auto-fill on webpage login forms using Safari 7.0 (9537.71).

It does work with Chrome 30.0.1599.101 and Firefox 24.0, both on Mavericks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password 4 for Mac is fully compatible with Mavericks. If you're having a specific problem with filling, please be sure to follow the steps here:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/FAQs/#why-doesnt-1password-fill-my-login

Especially the ones in the last link which covers pretty much all of the troubleshooting for filling issues that we are currently aware of:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/filling-issues.html

If you are still having trouble, please email us a Diagnostics Report so we can better assist you:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html#mac4

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• nutjob4life
    nutjob4life
    Community Member
    Options

Argh. This looks to be one of those more tricky kinds of issues—in that it's now working for me!

I did go through multiple extension-uninstalls-reinstalls-creation-of-new-registrations-on-random-websites-and-restarting-of-both-Safari-and-1Password -while-carefully-noting-down-everything so I could file a decent issue report along with the diagnostic report.

Perhaps some step in that rigamarole set things right?

In any case, I'll press steady onward and submit that report later if things act up again. Thanks for your patience!

• ScottK83
    ScottK83
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to say that I'm also having trouble getting the auto-fill to work since upgrading to Mavericks.

Safari 7.0 (9537.71). 1Password 4.0.2b1 (402001) and 1Password (beta) 4.0.1.b1 Safari extension. Worked great before the upgrade to Mavericks. Tried reinstalling the extension as well as trying the non-beta extension to no avail.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is a small thread on auto fill in Mavericks here but this should probably be the main thread!

Stephen

• erdener
    erdener
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, just upgraded to Mavericks and autofill is not working... Safari 7.0 (9537.71). 1Password 4.0.3 (402003) and Plugin 4.0.1

• stevefal
    stevefal
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome issue: I just upgraded to Mavericks and within Chrome (v27.0.1453.93), the mini 1Password window does not open at full size, and so cannot be used. The window is so small only the lower left padlock icon is visible.

• jeff3f
    jeff3f
    Community Member
    Options

I just started with 1password, and I also just got Mavericks. I would very much appreciate a mini-article or post regarding the iCloud keychain and 1password. Should I set up the iCloud keychain or ignore/skip it, do they work together at all, etc. its a noob thing, but I am very much a 1password noob. thanks

• javabean161
    javabean161
    Community Member
    Options

I had issues with 1Password 4 with Safari after I upgraded to Mavericks. I hate things that suddenly start working and you don't know why but my experience is in this thread.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ScottK83 and @erdener,

If you are still having issues with filling after eliminating all the filling issues in the article Khad posted above, please send a Diagnostic Report in to support so we can better track down the issue :)

@stevefal,

Looks like you're a few versions behind on Chrome ... could you try updating and see if that changes anything?

@jeff3f,

1Password and iCloud Keychain don't work together, per se, as there is currently no way to sync with it. If you would like to take advantage of the convenience iCloud Keychain offers in Safari form filling, we recommend that you continue to maintain the master copy of your data in 1Password. When the information you're filling differs from what iCloud Keychain has stored, Safari should prompt you to save it. In this way, you retain the cross-platform, cross-browser security and functionality of 1Password as well as enjoy the convenience of Safari's form filling.

• mrcottonsox
    mrcottonsox
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, same problem for me, I'm afraid. No filling or auto-filling in Safari for Mavericks, tried reinstalling the extension, removing Sophos, and all the other suggestions. Chrome works fine.

I'll try to send a diagnostic report.

• nefuchs
    nefuchs
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here: Since upgrading to Mavericks no filling from the 1Password 4.02 application, nor from the Safari 7.0 or Firefox 24.0 extensions. None of the suggestions found at http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/filling-issues.html helped or were relevant.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there,

@mrcottonsox: After analyzing the report you've sent we'll email you a reply.

@nefuchs: I've emailed you a reply with instructions for sending us a report since it wasn't included in your message.

And we'll certainly post any new information and suggestions that might be helpful for anyone else who's having similar issues.

Thanks!

• bucky85
    bucky85
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

I don't think the issue is isolated to Mavericks. After the latest update, auto-fill stopped working for me on Mountain Lion. It had been working great previously. Filled out a support ticket last week and have not received a reply.

Figured this out, it was Sophos from my IT department. See this post for some information on autofill not working: Scroll down to browser extensions.

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16064/known-issues-in-1password-4-for-mac

• Alan B Steiner
    Alan B Steiner
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded to maverick today. 1password4 would not open, although it worked thru Safari. i uninstalled and re-installed, it worked for a while then would not open it's main window. i have had to uninstall and re-install 3 times in the past 10 hours. it works at first and then simply stops

• ccasadei
    ccasadei
    Community Member
    Options

I just upgraded to Mavericks and 1Password stopped filling when using Safari. I have re-installed multiple times, no chance.
    Can anyone please resolve this?

• Hi guys,

Could you email us your diagnostic report and include a link to this thread, so that we can connect the dots.

Thanks!

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member
    Options

Good morning. I just sent a diagnostic report - Mavericks/Safari won't autofill. I though this is the way the new (for me) 1P4 works until I found this thread. thanks. Robert

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @LakeDaisy. Thanks for sending the report. I'm sorry Autofill isn't working for you with 1P4's Safari extension.

Could you please restart 1Password mini and/or restart your system and let us know if that resolves the problem? Thanks!

• LakeDaisy
    LakeDaisy
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for following up on my 2nd problem. I've been using 1p4 for about a month now (upgraded from 3) It has never autofilled like 3p did. So I have restarted my 3 Macs everyday for a month or so and it just doesn't autofill. Like I said, I though this was the way 1P4 worked. My wife wants me to reload 1P3. ha.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi again, Robert (@LakeDaisy).

Let's continue working on your issue with Autofill through email now that we've got your diag report there, eliminating as quickly as possible your wife's desire for you to reload 1P3. :)

• onyx4
    onyx4
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue, 1P3 worked fine with Mavericks to auto-fill, but using the standalone version of 1P4, the auto-fill doesn't work.
    For me, I think it started after I disabled the "auto-submit" login on the Safari extension, however re-enabling the option, it still doesn't auto-fill.
    I can see that when pressing CMD+\ it prompts me for my password and the cursor goes to the username field, but nothing gets filled in.
    I upgraded to 4.0.9 without any differences. I hope this gets resolved quickly as it's impacting a major functionality of the product.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi @onyx4,

I am sorry to hear that filling isn't working for you in 1Password 4. I know, it's a pretty vital feature!

I'd like you to try something for me: could you try disabling the 'Animate form filling' in Preferences > Browser?

If this doesn't prove to be the magical cure-all solution you're searching for, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Edit: It appears that you have actually already got your problem solved - huzzah!!

• gothick
    gothick
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that advice, Megan! I was having just the same problem, and turning off the animation solved it for me, too. (Plus, I prefer it turned off; I just didn't know there was an option for that...)

Matt

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @gothick. Nice that disabling Animate form filling both fixed your problem and is your personal preference. :)

• OzzieOne
    OzzieOne
    Community Member
    Options

This worked for me too. :-)

• OzzieOne
    OzzieOne
    Community Member
    Options

I spoke too soon. It's not working all the time. Sometimes it completes only the username and other times it completes the password. Why should this be?

This discussion has been closed.