Just installed OS X Maverick and now 1Password 4 will NOT fill in userid and passwords with Safari

Options
javabean161
javabean161
Community Member

As the title indicates I upgraded to OS X Maverick this evening (I previously upgraded to 1Password 4 two weeks ago). After the upgrade to OS X Maverick neither the 1Password Safari Extension nor the 1Password 4 application will autofill the UserID and Passwords of any protected site that I have stored.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, that's interesting. I just tested "open and fill" from the main app, using Firefox 24 on Mavericks, and it didn't work for me with one login but it did with another. It may be a case of having to recreate the non-working login, I guess. I've not checked all my other logins to find out how many work and how many don't but they did work under Mountain Lion. (I'm using 4.0.2b1 at the moment.)

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Just for completeness, there is a fuller thread on auto fill in Mavericks here.

Stephen

• javabean161
    javabean161
    Community Member
    Options

So this is a little weird but I did follow the thread on Mavericks and 1Password 4 compatibility. Which ultimately lead to a thread on known AutoFill issues. Which resulted (in my case):

Extension Version - confirmed Safari browser extension is 4.0.1

Unsupported Browser - confirmed Safari 7.0

Anti-Malware - confirmed NOT using Sophos or ESET 32

Browser location - confirmed NOT using Mac App Store version of 1Password

Websocket - confirmed NOT using Firefox

Using a proxy, or proxy browser extension - confirmed NOT using a proxy or proxy browser

Using a VPN client - confirmed NOT using a VPN client

Yet after all this checking and rechecking I find that my Safari Extension and the 1Password 4 application are both working (autofill) again. Needless to say this is disconcerting. I also neglected to mention in my earlier post that I do have the latest version of Chrome and the 1Password 4 extension for Chrome installed which was functioning even though the Safari Extension and 1Password 4 application were not autofilling. Now everything seems to be working except my full confidence in the application - hopefully things will continue to run smoothly and full confidence can once again be restored.

• ScottK83
    ScottK83
    Community Member
    Options

@javabean161, mine just magically started working again too. Didn't do anything different other than give it time :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Bizarrely, auto fill has just started working again for me as well! I changed nothing but Mavericks seems to have awoken to a new day and decided to cooperate.

Stephen

• Hi guys,

That's extremely weird, we can't pinpoint what was going on. We intentionally tested 1Password 4 over the last few months on Mavericks to ensure it is ready on first day and so far, we haven't experienced any issues like what's been reported.

It sounds like Safari's upgrade didn't finish well and it needed time to get things clicking. Many users said a reboot, an extension reinstall, or just time fixed the issue.

• erdener
    erdener
    Community Member
    Options

I had the plugin disabled, just enabled it back today and find it's also working for me now...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @erdener,

Thanks for letting us know you're all sorted out! :)

• Augustus
    Augustus
    Community Member
    Options

I am certainly not sorted out. I upgraded to 1 Password 4, erased the extension for 3 and upgraded my MAC to Mavericks. Now 1 Password will not work. The 1 Password icon at the top of my Safari search page is now gone and I cannot get it back. I am not a computer tech person and require a simple, detailed set of instructions for re-establishing 1 Password. Please send.

• Soloo
    Soloo
    Community Member
    Options

@Augustus, did you install the new extension after upgrading? If not please get it from here: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html

This should make things working again. I just upgraded my Macs to Mavericks as well (one from scratch, the other upgraded) and 1P4 is working well on both.

• Jonathan Sweet
    Jonathan Sweet
    Community Member
    Options

This is happening for me too. I'm a first time 1Password user, so a new install of everything and it doesn't work in Safari. At first I thought 1Password didn't do what I thought (and I was irate), but after setting it up for Firefox I can see the expected behavior. Definitely doesn't work in Safari 7.0.

• Soloo
    Soloo
    Community Member
    Options

@Jonathan Sweet, if you don't mind you may try the beta extension. I just checked mine and i have the beta extension installed on Safari 7.0 and it definitely works like a charm, used it already many times today.

• jckrauskopf
    jckrauskopf
    Community Member
    Options

Count me as another frustrated user. I've checked everything listed as well as removed and reinstalled but the Safari 7 extension does nothing. It doesn't autofill or allow me to open new webpages. The standalone app seems to work fine, but I can't get the extension to do anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

• jckrauskopf
    jckrauskopf
    Community Member
    Options

An update: on closer inspection, the 1Password 4 app only goes to the webpage login, it does NOT autofill. It was Keychain doing that. So, as far as I can tell, 1Password is pretty much completely broken for me after upgrading to Mavericks.

• scareyourpassenger
    scareyourpassenger
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I had the same issue and was just about to lose it when I thought about the first issue when installing the extension.

In Safari 7.0. You need to close the application after uninstalling an extension otherwise it will continue to not work properly. In my case, I kept getting 3.9 back and I couldn't get 4 until I closed Safari. Same thing with the 4.01 extension, uninstall and close Safari and then reinstall using the link in the password mini. I am now in good shape and can autofill as I was able to in the previous version.

• jckrauskopf
    jckrauskopf
    Community Member
    Options

Finally, I fixed it. I do have Sophos but thought I had turned it off for testing. Even with "scan off" it still seemed to be blogging 1Password. The fix is to add "127.0.0.1" to "allowed websites" as described in the "Known Issues" post.

• Hi guys,

@scareyourpassenger:

Wow, we're starting to hear a lot of strange things on Mavericks. Some of the things we often do, now requires a log out/in or reboot for the changes to take affect. We'll update our documents to emphasize this further. Thank you for writing about your experience.

@jckrauskopf,

Just to be clear, can you confirm that Sophos was definitely off before Mavericks? I was wondering if the OS X upgrade itself is triggering it back on.

• heavymark
    heavymark
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

This also happening to me. I created another thread, but just noticed that this issue already exists on multiple threads including this one.

To note, this is happening on Mavericks, and I uninstalled Sophos. I've restarted, I've reinstalled the extensions and the app itself (not the MAS version). I've tried installing the latest beta of the app and tried regular version. Tried beta version of Chrome extension and the original version. Every combination results in same issue. Also tried disabling the native Mavericks Firewall. Happens in Chrome and Safari. My other post includes a log from 1Password. I've been using Mavericks since the first beta many months ago with 1Pass and this issue only started recently.

• Edison Montes M.
    Edison Montes M.
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. I have upgraded to OS X Mavericks and auto-fill on Chrome stopped working. 1Password for Mac is on 4.0.5 , Chrome is on 30.0.1599.101, uninstalled Chrome extension, reinstalled them, all with no luck. I've already sent Report Log. Hope you fix it ASAP.

Greetings from Chile

• heavymark
    heavymark
    Community Member
    Options

To note, I have finally found a work around for resolving the global key cmd + / not working in Chrome / Safari. After trying everything including uninstalling the app, I decided to uninstall using "App Zapper" for 1Pass 4. Then since I noticed 1Password 3 was uninstalled a while ago from Applications, but I still saw another folder called 1Password in Application Support, so I reinstalled 1Password 3 and then used App Zapper on it. I then uninstalled all the browser extensions and restarted mavericks. Then I installed 1Password 4 and updated to the latest beta. Installed the latest chrome extension and it's working again. So while it's resolved for me, not sure if that will help with an overall fix for everyone other than it seems to point to a preference/application support file issue, either from 1Pass 4 or in combination of having reminents of 1Pass 3. To note I also uninstalled Sophos the other day to make sure that wasn't causing the issue since I care more about 1Pass working than Sophos.

• Unpopular
    Unpopular
    Community Member
    Options

Identical issue to Edison with regards the 1PW extension for Chrome. Oddly, the extensions in Safari and Firefox both work fine. The Chrome one worked yesterday... Will check my home system when I leave work to see if the issue is replicated there. For full info I'm running OS X 10.9, 1PW 4.0.5 and Chrome 30.0.1599.101

• Unpopular
    Unpopular
    Community Member
    Options

Just noticed that the Report Log data sent in my email to 1PW support lists 1PW version as 4.0.1.99 yet the 1PW 'about' window says it is 4.0.5

Is that normal???

• Unpopular
    Unpopular
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that 1PW 4.0.5 has caused this issue with me. Restored the 4.0.3 version from Time Machine backup and the Chrome extension works again as normal.

• Jae Berry Brown
    Jae Berry Brown
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running OS Mavericks, upgraded, migrated 1password all was well. But then updated Firefox to 25.0 and BOOM No password key. Anyone have any ideas?

• Jae Berry Brown
    Jae Berry Brown
    Community Member
    Options

Why is this so difficult? Evidently I had to reinstall the extension again since I updated firefox. This makes something like three times I've had to reinstall this freaking extension since the upgrade for Mac came out. I don't like to have to fiddle with this sort of thing. That's why I have a Mac. And this is not acting Mac-like.

• heavymark
    heavymark
    Community Member
    Options

Update from my last post. While reinstalling everything (using App Zapper) as well as uninstalling (and leaving uninstalled) Sophos ultimately resolved the issue 2 days ago, as of today the problem is back. Nothing notable has changed on my computer, other than 1Password may have updated to a latest version if one was available in the past 2 days.

So now the issue is back, and while I could try manually reinstalling everything all over again it's too much work since it looks like the issue might come right back. I'm sure the excellent team at AgileBits is well under work on a fix, btu since its been several weeks since the issue started and no fixes in any of the betas, I (and may suggest to others) to try out DashLane app in the mean time. I used it in the past and found 1Pass to be a superior solution but without the cmd shortcut not working 1Pass just doesnt fit into my workflow.

Hopefully they get it fixed soon so I can return to using 1Pass!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

About the issues reported here since @MikeT's reply …

Edison Montes M.: I've found email with a diagnostics report you've sent us and we'll be following up with you there.

@Unpopular: I'm not finding your email; did you send it from a different address than you're registered with here on the forum? If you're using the webstore version of 1P4 have you tried updating to version 4.0.9 and checked if the extension works with Chrome? I'd also suggest a system restart after updating, if you do.

Jae Berry Brown: Is the extension currently working for you with Firefox?

@heavymark: Using App Zapper or other app uninstaller/cleaner utilities to remove 1Password is not recommended. Have you restarted your system since the latest reoccurrence of the autofill shortcut failure?

In all cases, certainly let us know if you're still having any problems so we can help you. And if you'd prefer working with us directly through email please start by sending a Diagnostics Report (if you haven't already); instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

We suggest restarting your system first, if possible. Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this topic and your forum username in your email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of these issues you've been having with 1Password and we really appreciate your patience while we resolve them.

• jflower04
    jflower04
    Community Member
    Options

Restarting my Mac resolved the issue for me! Thanks for a great password manager. Got 926 items in this puppy :D

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the kind words, @jflower04. How soon until you reach 1000 items? :)

This discussion has been closed.