Safari and Chrome extensions not working

Options
tflyness
tflyness
Community Member

When I first upgraded to Mavericks, 1Password worked great. Now all of a sudden the extension has stopped working on both Safari and Chrome. I've followed the instructions seen in prior threads (deleting files from Library), and also tried re-installing the extensions several times, logging out and back in, and restarting my mac. When I install the extensions, the icon shows up in the browser toolbar but does not recognize webpages, and the 1Password mini menu continues to show "install Safari" (or "install Chrome") extension as an option. Please advise, thank you!

Comments

• tflyness
    tflyness
    Community Member
    Options

OK, more weirdness. I uninstalled and then reinstalled 1Password from the mac app store. Now every time I start the app, it begins with a fresh welcome screen, and asks me if I want to run 1Password mini even though the mini is already running!

• heavymark
    heavymark
    Community Member
    Options

This is a known issue and being discusses on multiple threads here. I'd recommend mentioning here on the current main thread on it:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/17175/just-installed-os-x-maverick-and-now-1password-4-will-not-fill-in-userid-and-passwords-with-safari#latest

• tflyness
    tflyness
    Community Member
    Options

Just to add to the list of users with problems, as I posted on a new thread earlier today: When I first upgraded to Mavericks, 1Password worked great. Now all of a sudden the extension has stopped working on both Safari and Chrome. I've followed the instructions seen in prior threads (deleting files from Library), and also tried re-installing the extensions several times, logging out and back in, and restarting my mac. When I install the extensions, the icon shows up in the browser toolbar but does not recognize webpages, and the 1Password mini menu continues to show "install Safari" (or "install Chrome") extension as an option. And, in even more weirdness. I uninstalled and then reinstalled 1Password from the mac app store. Now every time I start the app, it begins with a fresh welcome screen, and asks me if I want to run 1Password mini even though the mini is already running! And it is not saving my preferences, such as to reveal passwords.

• tflyness
    tflyness
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I couldn't figure out which thread was the most current/active. I've posted the above there now.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hi, @tflyness.

Even if mostly redundant, I've merged your post from the Just installed OS X Maverick and now 1Password 4 will NOT fill in userid and passwords with Safari topic that @heavymark referred to back into this one. It'll be easier for us to help resolve your problem in one place. :)
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi @tflyness,

Since 1P4 extensions still aren't working after what you've already tried we'd like to help you directly through email to fix this problem. To do that please start by sending us a Diagnostics Report from the Mac where you're having trouble; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

We suggest restarting your system first, if possible. Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but please do include a link to this topic in your email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. After seeing that report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.