Fast User Switching - wife's passwords in Firefox saving to my login

Options
Chris Matchett
Chris Matchett
Community Member

I'm using a family licence to run 1pw4 on OS X mavericks shared with my wife. We have our own logins. I use Chrome and the extensions without issue. MY wife uses Firefox on her login with the extension. When she logs into a new website she is not getting prompted to save the passwords in 1PW. When I switch to my account I am seeing her save login prompt and can save it to my vault. We are not sharing a single vault (yet).
This has 2 issues:
1) My wife cannot properly save her logins.
2) I can see her passwords if I choose to save the login.
We are more bothered by #1 but I'd think everyone else should be more bothered by #2.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi Chris,

Could you please let me know what version of 1Password you're using? In the menu bar, go to 1Password > About 1Password to check your version number.

Thanks in advance!

• Chris Matchett
    Chris Matchett
    Community Member
    Options

Version 4.2.2 (422001)

• Chris Matchett
    Chris Matchett
    Community Member
    Options

Still doing it. Seriously this should be a P1 issue for you. Your password manager is leaking passwords.

• Chris Matchett
    Chris Matchett
    Community Member
    Options

Are you going to respond to this or or should I ask for a refund?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi Chris,

I'm very sorry for the trouble here! Version 4.3 of 1Password for Mac was released today, so please ensure that you are updated. If the issue is still occurring, please let me know and I will have one of the developers investigate.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Chris,

Have you had a chance to check if the 4.3 update resolves the problems you've reported here?

• dteare
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thank you for the report, Chris. I'm sorry for the slow response to this issue; between the OpenSSL Heartbleed frenzy and the new iOS + OS X releases, we've been stretched pretty thin.

We made some changes to the Autosave window in Version 4.3 but the changes were not directly related to Fast User Switching. I think I know what is happening but want to ask some clarifying questions be sure.

First, you mentioned your wife logs into a new site she is not prompted to save the login. I assume she is manually typing her username and password; is that correct?

Second, by the sounds of things her extension likely doesn't work at all. Is she able to open 1Password mini by clicking the 1Password icon within the browser's toolbar? Or fill a generated password? I suspect she's not able to as it sounds like your instance of 1Password is not disconnecting when switching users.

Please let me know if my assumptions are correct and I'll work on this end to see if I can recreate it.

Cheers!

–Dave Teare
    AgileBits Founder

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Chris Matchett

We've been trying to reproduce this issue. It would be awesome if you could help us furthermore with troubleshooting and fixing it by sending us a Diagnostics Report from both of your user account and your wife's, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the reports would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Rad

• dteare
    Options

Hi Chris,

We never heard back from you but we never stopped working on trying to find this issue :)

Rad and Kyle managed to recreate this issue using VNC. Is it possible you were using VNC when you experienced this issue? If so, we have a really nice fix waiting for you in 4.4.2 beta 1 :)

Please give it a chance and let us know if it works for you.

This discussion has been closed.