Updating 4.2.1 on all devices

Options
SoMuch2Do
SoMuch2Do
Community Member

Forgive me if the answer is in the forums - I had no luck searching. I have two macs and two ios devices and the appropriate licence for both, all synced via Dropbox. With the recent update to 4.2 and then 4.2.1 do I update on each device or can I update on one machine and sync this to all the devices?
Or is the sync facility only for the data?
Thanks

Comments

• bittwister
    bittwister
    Community Member
    Options

I believe you have to upgrade on all devices. At least I had to.

• Renovatio
    Renovatio
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still waiting for update to show up in the app store. Anybody have that issue. Upgrading from 4.1.2

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SoMuch2Do‌,

As @bittwister says, you do have to update each copy of the app. This update is for 1Password 4 for Mac only. We are working on an iOS update as well, but it's not quite ready yet.

Hi @Renovatio,

The 4.2 update has been submitted to the Mac App Store for review. Unfortunately it must be approved by them before we can release it. It will be available just as soon as possible. We very much appreciate your patience here. :)

• Renovatio
    Renovatio
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

When is the update going to hit the Mac Store. Been waiting for over a week to upgrade. Is Apple on vacation or what?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I wish we knew and could tell you, @Renovatio. Seems whenever you think you've got a pretty good estimate of what Apple's review process time will be it gets adjusted again. Maybe they're taking a spring break? :)

This discussion has been closed.