dadio
Community Member
edited January 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm using
1password version 3.9.6
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
Chrome version 31.0.1650.63
1 password extension version 3.9.20.99

the extension doesn't work and I had a message telling me the helper process service was not working. Here is the content of the 1password Troubleshooting report:

[Diagnostic Report information removed by moderator]

Comments

• dadio
    dadio
    Community Member
    Options

I closed 1password app and restarted it and now it works fine...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dadio,

Thanks for letting us know that you're all sorted out! I've removed the content of your Diagnostic Report from your original post, as we don't usually recommend posting the Reports in a public forum. If you encounter this problem again, please let us know. We'd be happy to take a look at the Report, just send it to support@ agilebits .com :)

• Mr_Jacob
    Mr_Jacob
    Community Member
    Options

The Chrome extension is not working for me, either. Tried restarting with no luck. I have 1password 3.8 app with the 3.9 Chrome extension. I can't find anywhere to download a 3.8 extension. Not sure if that even matters.

I'm reinstalling my apps on a new Mavericks. I downloaded 1password 4 at first not realizing there had been an upgrade. I can't swing the $34 right now, so I removed 4 (with AppZapper, so pretty clean) and installed 3.8. Same thing with Chrome. Removed the 4 extension, tried reinstalling for 3.

No luck… Not sure what to do.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mr_Jacob,

I'm sorry to hear that the Chrome extension is not working for you. However, I'll need just a bit more information about how it is not working in order to get things sorted out for you. Are you seeing a message about the helper process as in the original post, or are you experiencing a different issue? The more information we can get about the situation the easier it will be to find a solution :)

Just so you don't worry, the 3.9 1Password extension is the correct version for 1Password 3. I know the version numbers are a bit confusing, but you're good to go there. :)

• MiriamJ
    MiriamJ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

I am experiencing a problem as well. I have just downloaded 1password, with the intention to purchase as soon as I can get it working on all my systems. The app itself is fine, but the chrome extension is borked. Extension is fine in Safari (which I seldom use) but in chrome, (which I always use) I can't login using the correct credentials. It tells me I have an old version of the extension installed and that I need to uninstall it properly and re-install. Unfortunately in order to uninstall, I have to back up my extension (which I have never used, since I haven't logged in). In order to back it up, I need to login. It is a pretty ugly cycle, if you see what I am describing. If I try to simply delete and re-install the extension via the extensions pane, it doesn't register that I have added the new extension. I would very much like to use 1password with chrome so if you can help me address this issue I would appreciate it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MiriamJ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Chrome extension. If you have never used the Chrome extension, then there really is no danger of you having unsynced items in it, and you should be able to uninstall it without worry.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Chrome.
    • Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and hit return.
    • Click the trash can next to the 1Password extension and remove it.
    • Restart Chrome and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    • Click the big green button, and confirm the installation.

If you are concerned about unsynced data in the extension, we'll need to see a Diagnostic Report to confirm if there is any data there that needs to be saved.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you're still having difficulties, please let us know :)

• susannah
    susannah
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I'm having the same problem with my Chrome extension as Miriam. I updated my 1password application to the new version, and now I'm getting an error in Chrome that tells me to uninstall the old extension and install the new one. Unfortunately, I cannot get the data in my extension to sync with the app on my computer, so I'm going to lose everything if I follow the steps you outlined above for installing the new extension. How can I save my data?

I uninstalled the 1password4 desktop app and downloaded the older version, but I can't sync my extension with my app.

• sunrocket
    sunrocket
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem -- it seems the Chrome extension is always buggy. Why is that?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @susannah,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with the Chrome extension. In order to see if you have any unsynced items in your extension, we'll need to take a bit of a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

MAC, 1Password 3:
    If you are using OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or OS X 10.7 Lion: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

If you are using OS X 10.9 Mavericks or OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Hi @sunrocket,

If you are also concerned about unsynced items in your extension before upgrading to 1Password 4, I'd like you to follow my instructions above for generating a Diagnostic Report so we can check to see if there are any unsynced items that you need to worry about :)

• crotchetymama
    crotchetymama
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem, pretty sure. When I click the 1pw icon showing a red ! I get a message...Chrome Helper not available. I have ext. 3.9.21.90 and use Lion OS 10.7.5 with Chrome 34.0.1847.131.

My quick and dirty solution was to unenable the extension, restart chrome and then reenable. It is a temp fix. Lasts about a week or so. Having 1Password app open or closed has no effect. I did generate a Diagnostics report the last time this happened. Shall I pursue this in the manner you mention above? I plan to install Maverick as soon as I can pay for Lightroom 5, at which point I can also install 1Password 4 which I have already purchased. Will that solve the problem? Thanks for your time! : )

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crotchetymama‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. We'd be happy to help troubleshoot this issue with a Diagnostic Report, however I am happy to tell you that you will not see this issue in 1Password 4. ;)

• crotchetymama
    crotchetymama
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Megan! I will go ahead and wait a month then and install Maverick and 1pw 4. I appreciate your help. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crotchetymama‌

Thanks so much for your patience - we're here if you have any further questions!

(Also, as a photographer, I'm excited for you buying Lightroom 5. ;) )

This discussion has been closed.